Old 10-11-2006   #31
Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
You finally caught on,Have fun on those wicked steep,infamous groomers and those crazy back bowls of copper. And say hello to the speed thats a skiing experience i wanna take.

Douchebag,embrace your weekend warrior'ness. We cant all be core.

gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #32
Coffee Grinder
Damn I thought I knew how to rip and have fun, but gapers totally just harshed my mountainbuzz.

Clorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #33

yeah, it is too bad - skiing/snowboarding are too easy, and thus we end up with 50 million pro bad ass super gnar gnar elitist experts.

i guess with all the pride out there it is hard for a discussion over which mountain is better for what for it not to degerate into a "i'm better than you" thing....

i think it is a function of the kayaking, if you are pulling the trigger too early, and too aggressive, you will get beat down pretty bad. this humbles us all, makes us all remember that we were all beginners somewhere back, and keeps us from being too "tough" - climbing is alot like that too - but skiing, the consequences are generally not too much...there really isn't a whole ton of death defying terrain (i'm sure, mr. gapers, that you are excluded from this). go big, have a tough fall, limp for a week maybe....perhaps a tree collision..generally not the beatdown you might get running rigo before you're ready.

just keep trying buzzers. at some point, you might be as core as gapers....then you can look down on everyone for your skill at sliding down a mountain on a piece of plastic is oh so great.
Steve Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #34
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
^ i dont know, ive had a few crashes that are tough to get going afterwards. its not the injury, its the pride.

the trick is to just enjoy anytime you get on snow. i dont think im "better" than anyone, or i dont care how "good" people think i am. i will go skiing anywhere, with anyone, because i enjoy just being on my skis! it doesnt matter whats in front of me, whether if its a 50 foot cliff into untouched or a long green roller thats been groomed all season. its just the fact of getting out there. and it doesnt matter if the people i ride with are rank beginners or pro riders, ill ski with whoever is chill.

the same with mountains. yeah, some mountains arent as good as others, but most mountains have good stashes or at least a halfway park, so no matter where you go theres always something to do!

the only exception to this is Vail, which truly does suck ass and is the only place i will NOT ski. thats not say vail doesnt have the stashes and stuff, its just a personal preference. i wont ski at a resort that claims to be "the best in the nation" when it really isnt even the best in its own state!
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006   #35
Season Pass

I am looking for another student to go halves with me on a super pass. I have a wells fargo coupon. A couple of us are going to head to Billabong's this weekend. If you are interested please send me an email,

johnrweeks is offline   Reply With Quote