Old 10-25-2010   #1
The next zone, .
Roll Call 2011

As we head into the winter of 2011 it is always interesting to hear where all you buzzards will be hanging out. It must be the first snow of winter that is gettin me fired up for a great winter!!

For me it is another Monarch season pass as it looks like I will be ridin to my back country lines on a Arctic Cat 800 hcr with the cheetah racing snowboard rack.

Added a float pack to my BC accessories and while I never hope to use it they seem to tilt the odds in your favor.. My boards this year will both be 165cm lib tech's - a travis rice pro for the resort and a skunk ape for my pow board.

So lets hear it buzzards where will you be ridin this winter and on what????

"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #2
Indian Hills, Colorado
I'll be 4-packin' it at Loveland, A-Basin and Mary Jane for a chunk of the early season, hoping that my 163 NS Titan gives another year. At other times, I'll be enjoying the 174 Voile splitty along the Front Range. The sale rack will be giving me away this season: Red and gray jacket, Pink/gray plaid pants. I look like a fuckin' dishrag.

DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #3
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Nice Dan.

I'm super stoked for winter. We got the coper, W/P, Steamboat pass again. Also have access some occasional Eldora and Loveland tix.

Hoping to really step up the BC day count this year.

I've got Slee's 800 cc skidoo in the arsenal right now, but not it'll probably get unloaded if I get a decent offer.

Bring it on!

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #4
Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
4 pack at Eldora to spend some time with my little one followed by another at probably A-basin (picking it up at the snow sports expo on the 5th) and tooling around in the BC outside of Boulder / Ft Collins. Highlight will be the last week of Jan - 7 days in CB.
GPP33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #5
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Working the club and steezing a big sky pass. Riding same noodles board from two seasons ago
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #6
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Copper/WP (no Steamboat this year). I'll make one trip to Utah for some resort skiing. Hope to hit some CO BC this year. Put together a decent Randonee setup for some touring.
On the river, I can abandon who I am and what I've done. However brief it lasts, while on the river I am nothing important and everything insignificant. I am flotsam, and happy to be so.
hojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #7
Palisade, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
Down southwest Colorado, I'll be hangin' at my shack (11,820') across the road from the Silverton Mountain show up Prospect Basin, backcountry skiing as per usual. Gotta get back to Big Sky the week before Xmas w/ the New Orleans gang; Feb. in T'ride w/ the Dartmouth gang and my brother has a new yurt set on his property @ Sandpoint ID so I will have to make a road trip with the winterized motorhome and finally ski Schweitzer and again at Fernie. I'm banking on better skiing to the north this season.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1772[1].jpg
Views:	162
Size:	777.7 KB
ID:	3056  
F.A.A.C. Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #8
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 10
Gettin after it.

This year I purchased 2 passes. The Colorado Pass, and a pass to Echo Mtn. I figured that with night skiing until 9:00 P.M. I can get up there after work, and break a hip trying to catch big air. I desperately want to get in the back country this year, but I don't trust the goons I go with to the resort to have a good handle on the level of danger that comes with the BC. However, I do plan this year to get Loveland Pass, and hike the bowls at Keystone to try and get my freshies on. Holla.
High Combat Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #9
Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Got a copper/wp/steamboat pass. I'm also trying to put together a trip to Jackson Hole. Never been there, but I'm told it's fantastic! Probably hit loveland a few times before wp opens.
I'll probably have to cough up some $$ for a pow day at keystone or two as well.
Yay! Let it snow!
kclowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #10
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Went up last weekend and packed the wood in the hut thick, probably 2 cords, and reinforced the ceiling...should be good to go. Tom's bud Joey picked up a 2007 M1000, which we will probably use to shuttle people in (since I seem to be perpetually broke)...also got the Monarch Pass. I am looking forward to using the free and 1/2 price days at Taos, Alta, Grand Targhee, and possibly Revelstoke too, this year (along with the obvious day at Silverton).
Should be a good season.

GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote