Old 11-13-2008   #21
Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Sorells Dipwad. . .

ps big love to meng for really being old school ,91 for fucks sake, you still in hard boots?[/quote]

Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #22
Indian Hills, Colorado
Meng, i've got a Burton Air 55 for sale. Nearly mint. Too new school for your tastes?

DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #23
The next zone, .
My first board was a split tail... Rented then bought the elite as well and ski cooper in 87 is when I got my start. Thoes were the days!! Blue jeans and sorels now people who say snowboarding is easy did not learn like this!! I still have a pic of that day and the board it hangs on the wall in my shop.

I like some length but not too much for what I ride. I am 6'4" /200# add another 50# or so for bc pack and gear.. Normal board lengths for me are right around a 66 - 68 for bc with my area bord a 60 - 63.

This year a lib tech banana 62 for the area and a k2 gyrator 68 will again be the wepon of choice for me in the bc this year.

One of these days I am goin to mount that old dog up and make a few laps...
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #24
durango co, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Great thread so I thought I would jump in. Been riding since 86'. Have had my share of great rides and a stack of crap under my feet. Favorite is definetly a Custom For everyday rippin. When the pow comes on the Burton frontier 166 is a machine stiff on the narrow side and fast as hell!! If anyone has the chance or the flow Steepwater out of Mammoth makes probably one of the best big mountain boards out there. I lived in mammoth for 5 years and my 172 steepwater became the board of choice. Stable good float and the pin tail design releases really well in the steeps. Crud be damned hard pack feel my edge of rath. Shit that is a great board. I think the mallolo is a pin tail also that may be a fun ride.Last checkout Wagner skis and boards out of Telluride. Hand built custom sticks to your liking. I guess tom burt is riding and doin R&D for them and thay are now the ones building Winterstick swallow tails. Hope it is snowing in your back yard right now cause it is in mine!!!
snowbiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #25
Send a message via ICQ to northfwestg

snowbiss got his shit tight and right, i say to all powderdogs, check out that saloman burner, no pow to deep and the fastest bases on the planet, i hope this answers your questions rdnek, right now it is snowing here in southern bc, also the rivers jumped up 1000 overnight, cheers and POINT IT DOWN, danger
northfwestg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #26
K2 Trucker 163. Nice and wide, so, I stay on top and lose less speed.
Grif for President!
deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #27
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
I wanna try the Lib NAS (narrow ass snowboards). I'm curious how the magnetraction would be on skiis.

They's be good for New England, icy backcountry (tuckermans stowe,mad river glenn) with pow.
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #28
Originally Posted by RDNEK View Post

So who has or rides a fish? I am wonderin about that board - looks super fun.
Been riding the fish56 since it's inception. Super fun. Really, really surfy. Thrives on banked terrain. Takes some getting used to on landing airs with the tiny tail. Like it so much that I have a new 160 sitting here and waiting......
fishbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008   #29

I am riding my third unity, and allthough I haven't demoed many other brands, I'm obviously pretty stoked to ride unity. If you like a board to fight back a little bit, unity is for you. Kind of aggressive, but ZERO chatter at high speed. I began on a foam core morrow drive in high school 90's, and since 2003 have owned a 164 dominion, 165W rise, and now a 164 origin. The origin is my resort board with twin tip for switch riding, and shorter turns. I just got the rise 165W cut in half for bc, and because it had such a monstrous core shot, that it is worthless unless it is in the stupid deep. See pictures here at the way bottom of the page.

M n' T Technologies

Unity is kind of heavy, very snappy, and incredibly durable. don't let the 2" core exposure fool you. I thinkd they manufacture a split, now, and have been making pintail dominion for some time. I'd like to try the pintail.

The time is near,
chiefton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008   #30
Just put a couple of pow boards on ebay if you're interested. I also may have my 160fish for sale once there is enough snow to bust out my new one.

Burton 156 Fish Snowboard - eBay (item 290279147729 end time Dec-06-08 14:50:13 PST)

Burton 166 Republik Snowboard- Free Shipping - eBay (item 290279148888 end time Dec-06-08 14:57:38 PST)

fishbowl is offline   Reply With Quote