Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > Winter Buzz

Old 03-02-2009   #11
Buena Vista/Summit, N/A
Paddling Since: 2002
Originally Posted by chasingh2o View Post
If youre going on the weekdays either go wherever they got the most snow or just check out a new place everyday because most of them have got something good to offer. If youre going on the weekend go to winter park. The traffic going in and out of summit county on the weekends can ruin youre day (think 2-3 hours each way). Winter park skips the majority of the bumper to bumper traffic on I-70 and is just as good a resort as anything in the area except beaver creek/vail.
I agree with goin with the snow. but in march the traffic in any direction to most all resorts is gonna be hell. go to keystone......super green runs..along with some really good kat skiin' off the outback..

1whitewattafoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #12
PACNW Native
Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Hey darling if you want someone to ride with I am usually up during the week, sometimes the weekends. I am the only skier, and also usually the only girl in the group, but I usually have a decent bunch of guy boarders that I drag up to the mountains with me. I don't mind driving shuttle, ( I have a comfy minivan) so that cuts out your worries of closeness to Denver. Just let me know if you are interested.

Hic Sant Dracones
mtthumper is offline   Reply With Quote