Old 01-10-2016   #1
steamboat, Colorado
Noboard, snurfer, snow surfers?

Anybody have one to sell? What are your thoughts on these things. Was planning on just riding around the house.

latenightjoneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016   #2
x, x
Paddling Since: x
take an old board or buy an older longer board than you would normally ride. Twin tip. Lay the board on a table mark the flush end of the back of the board. Lay out your sickest fish tail up through the tip of the tail. Cut with a jig saw. Seal with epoxy. Drill a hole in the tip of the front. Add rope and handle. Pad the deck with sticky back mini cell offset to the back of course or studs. You are bad ass and all

Boom. Snurfer

bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016   #3
Denver,, exhaustion
i've got a burton woody.

Have had it since it was new in the '80s.
I never used the rope hole, but have used it everywhere from the sleeping hills in Ohio to backcountry on loveland pass.

But other than being a novelty at this point they are best left to collectors.
"We should restore the practice of dueling. It might improve manners around here" -Edward Abbey
adgeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016   #4
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990

I had one of these when I was a kid and just bought an updated one for the kids. Tougher than snowboarding but really fun.
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016   #5
Renaissance Redneck
Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
Sports Athority in Missoula has some for 99$. They had 3 left on sale last weekend.
"You're gonna be doin a lot of doobie rolling when youre LIVIN IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER"
LSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016   #6
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
i rode a powsurf last weekend up in steamboat- it was way tougher then I anticipated haha. With a couple feet of fresh snow it was pretty tough to keep any momentum, but I could imagine in different conditions it would be an easier learning process. Either way it was super fun!
peterthebankbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016   #7
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Bi deck snow skate is where it's at for fun in the back yard.

I ride a set up made by Ralston Snowskates. The small group of grassroots deck and sub builders are fighting to stay afloat with all the long board companies getting into the market. Lots of poor designs and faulty craftsmanship so do your self a favor and don't buy some junk skate or pow surfer, do a bit more research and buy something that'll last awhile.

k2andcannoli is offline   Reply With Quote