Old 01-16-2010   #31
basalt, Colorado
Paddling Since: 08
Just got back from marble 2laps great snow probably the least amount of people all season. Still some friends up there and alot of fun. Guess the advertising didn't draw more to the zone. Plus if you get after it you can hike so sick shit we did and our tracks are on it no others. Have fun be safe come hang if your mellow and cool i'll have a beer at the road with ya. thanks Shawn

caliclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010   #32
Rifle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Dude, Fred, nice pics! Who cares about the advertising, as dry as it's been we could use all the stoke we can get! Looks like something is moving in this week so maybe that will jump start things for the rest of the season, god knows we need snow.

fids11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010   #33
I'm right 50% of the time
Paddling Since: 1977
Originally Posted by Faucet Butt View Post
You stupid F@ck!
It's people like you trying to boost your own ego that ruin many of the special places for others to enjoy. For whatever reason, you have failed to see that by posting shots of you and your fellow "radster" ass monkey pals, you're contributing to the demise of Marble and places like it.

The best thing that can happen to you is to have the sh*t knocked out of you in a slide off Alley Pk.
-Hey! I heard the skiing off the north side of Justice is sick right now-why don't you go and mainline that shit-now would be the perfect time-oh, and bring all your buddies with you!!

O and here's on by you to...
from Deep and preachy thoughts

Originally Posted by Faucet Butt View Post
Hey, thanks for putting this topic out there. In part, I agree that there is a growing number of people on the river that are really intolerant and out for themselves. It doesn't really matter where they're from or what they do for a living, but they exist and anyone who's been around knows this. Back in the day-I'm talking early to mid 90s, people did look out for each other-regardless of if they were a class 5 guru or a rookie. There was a form of respect that was not based on a hierarchy of years on water or whatever, but on the fact that we were psyched to be on the water.
I miss that. Why is it that people should feel self conscious if they post a cool trip report on a class 2 river or a question?-that's not helping anything. There are a lot of issues surrounding the outdoor scene here in Colorado: crowds, level of ability, space to play, getting to and from the goods-hell, even keeping the goods a secret. But unfortunately, the reality is that there will be more people. More people can mean a greater awareness of the importance of our outdoor playground, and this can be a good thing. Let's (including myself), try to stop raggin' on each other.

O the irony.

Yea Ha Fred. Winter has not been so nice this year. Stoked on the stoke.

Claimer: Someone that makes a claim that they have been there and done that, can do anything you can do better than you. I hate "claimers"
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote