Mountain Buzz banner

Larger than normal avalanche shovel

Tags
avalanche
3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Jahve 
#1 ·
I bought an Ice Box igloo maker last year and got to a point where we could build an igloo in about 2 to 3 hours, but only by bringing a huge snow shovel. So, my question is does any one have any recommendations for a avalanche shovel that is significantly larger than average?

#4 ·
Volie Telepro

Hey Dave,
The volie Tpro is what i have in my pack. It is larger than all the other shovels people i ski with have. We are going to hit up berthoud in the morning if you are interested. It was dumping in Fraser when I left. Give me a call will be touring next weekend just not sure where. My new number is 970-509-0587
Ian

#6 ·
I think I have that same igloo set up. So I know the problem of having to move a ton of snow to get one done! What I do is I have a bca that will fit in my pack and I carry/rig another grain shovel a #10 or #12... You can get them at most hardware stores. We take everything in on selds so size is not that much of a problem.

Plastic only lasts me a year - the metal ones seem to last a bit longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.