Old 03-27-2010   #1
Ladies, need a ski review/help

Hey, looking for new skis for the wife and have found some good deals on a couple of skis. She's app. 5'8 and weighs 130s I think. Would be mounting them tele and is a good skier, now skiing on the shes piste and looking for something a little fatter, that can ski most everything and will tour pretty well. Mostly be skiing the resort but some touring.

Right now shes trying to decide between the Rossignol Voodoo BC 90 and the Karhu Jill. Wondering if anyone out there has skied either of these - tele or alpine. What do you think of them, good all around or noodles, etc.

Any ideas/thoughts much appreciated.

Whiskey's for drinkin' and waters for fightin'
- Mark Twain
wycoloboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #2
Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Icelantic Shamans 161, they go everywhere, I mean everywhere. The only downside is they are a little heavy and she will definitely be the fattest ski on the skin trail which can be a little challenging.

Mine are set up AT and they are fun even on groomers or hard pack because they carve so freaking well and once you're in powder - watch out for snowboarders because you'll be flying past them at mach speed.

Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #3
bum, Colorado
I'm skiing on the K2 anti piste I really like em. For backcountry they work really well, cut through anything, tip doesn't dive, and they have a strait tail. They are good for both tele and alpine. If you can't find the anti piste, the K2 gotback is basically the same ski that came out this year.
ntibbs is offline   Reply With Quote