Old 01-29-2009   #11
Local, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to paddlebizzle
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
So still no luck finding a ski. I called K2 warranty department and they put me through to the head of the department....not even a phone call back.. WTF... I cant believe such a huge contributor to the ski industry has such incredibly poor customer service. Not even a phone call...Im not looking for free anything, i want to pay for a replacement....I just want some help!
I definitely feel your frustration. If it's any consolation, ski companies don't make a ton of money even in the best of economic and ski conditions.

1) I agree with the_dude that they may not have anything left to give you and may just be stoked to have sold through their inventory.
2) They may have also made severe administrative and overhead cutbacks, including customer service and warranty repair in the interests of staying afloat. Ignoring you may be a product of piles of warranty requests and not enough people to get through it.

This isn't a fun answer, but I'd suggest documenting every conversation NOW, and then give them a shout in April when the season is over. They might even give you a deal on '09 sticks. It's happened to others that I know.

paddlebizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #12
Dreamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
K2 actually called me back today. They said to send the skis back and they will see what they can do... Ill drop a line when i find out the outcome.

danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009   #13
The next zone, .
I hope you get your rocker back!!

I also am dealing with k2... I broke a boa on my boots and they said they sent me a new one a week ago and still wating.. Not a big deal I just duct tape the hell out of my boots and they still work.
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009   #14
The next zone, .
I just got my boa in the mail this afternoon. NO more duct tape!!!
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009   #15
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 94
viva le revolution!
iliketohike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009   #16
Dreamboat, Colorado
Best news ever... K2 hooked up some skis.... they will be here tomorrow!
Time to shred...ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 02-18-2009   #17
Aspen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Dude, first you post a negative thread title, then dis their warrantee dept for two pages and finally post your good news with not so much as a thank you. From multiple customers there were positive reports of K2 customer service. They are due a thank you thread cuz from your topic name, I would assume they were uncaring of customer satisfaction
ZGjethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #18
Dreamboat, Colorado
True... K2 deserves a huge thank you... I posted negatively because initially they seemed as if they didn't care.. I think my local shop just talked to the wrong person. When I personally called and spoke with the head of the warranty department it was smooth sailing no problems and they really hooked me up. I didn't want to bad mouth anyone but they straight up ignored me and told me their was nothing they could do for me. It turns out they went above and beyond my expectations and hooked it up... You don't understand how grateful I am to K2 they really saved my winter. Thankyou K2!
Old 02-19-2009   #19
Aspen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
danimal, sorry I came on a little strong, you took it well. K2 has always treated me well and most often, the blown edge/sidewall or bent ski was my fault. Most ski companies do not want to see their customers out full retail price if eating one pair will create goodwill and keep the customer loyal, unlike kayak manufacturers.
ZGjethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #20
x, x
Paddling Since: x
here is a thought, and I am not being mean but, in my experiance local shops don't want you to have a warranty, they tell you your fucked and try to sell you more skis. In the past I have gone to the shops and to the mnfg co. I have ALWAYS done fine by my self dealing with the reps or the co. Not bashing any shops, but I belive that to be true.

Dan glad to hear you got your skis, now lets fire up the sleds and fuck some shit up!!!!!!!

bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote