Old 11-17-2010   #11
Ft Fun, Colorado
Paddling Since: 0001
thanks me too...that is exactly how these were fitted in the shop....toe cup and all....i redid it last night and it seems that the foam bounced back after being off my foot for about an cutting the toes out of a sock i have not tried...i was thinking of putting some rubber under my heel to draw my toes back but maybe i wont have too....i have never even considered cutting the sock....ill be playing with this later this week when i can get some time....

NoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010   #12
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
I meant more along the lines of using the cut off toe as a toe cap to increase toe space during the molding process, I would imagine that you'd just pull the sock back to your heel and end out with leg warmers rather than socks if you try to shove them in a boot with out the toes . I've used the rubber heel lifts boots primarily for me to get my fat calves out of the cuff, but they will definitely pull the toes off the front a bit too. Good luck.

Tele-axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010   #13
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
Hey NoCo

couple of questions:
#1) Do you have an aftermarket footbed in the boot? putting a footbed in will help maintain your arch, foot and ankle in a more ergonomic position. When your foot is weighted and compressed in a boot it changes shape and arch compression can lead to pain in the instep and toes. A footbed slightly longer than your actual foot can keep the liner stretched during the molding process. toe caps are also a good idea.

#2) do the liners look shrunken or deformed at all? In my experience it is possible to damge the intuition liners by over heating...they will shrink overall, and especially in the length. the right temp is important...

Its weird that the foam will not stay in its molded shape...that is the whole point. Normally you can remold 3-6 times... but after that the foam just does not expand as much. New liners are $$$

I would be happy to take a look if you come down to Denver...Otherwise I reccomend a footbed, and very thin socks -
good luck.
Juan De Confluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #14
Ft Fun, Colorado
Paddling Since: 0001
thanks for the advise....i do have the original foot beds in them, ive never had problems with my arches before but i am new to my 30's and am learning alot about my age painfully...maybe i need to let the shop help me out again...unfortunately it will have to be after the holiday

NoCo is offline   Reply With Quote