Old 11-08-2010   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Himalays, trekking, & adventures

The Himalayas are amazing, and I have a new-found love for guide books. They are so intriguing! It's been ridiculously AWESOME reading this one written back in the '80s by a Japanese mountaineer, Tomoya Iozawa (Trekking in the Himalayas). I was at first astounded with the intricate details including budgeting, logistics, course descriptions, etc. The instructions on how to handle certain situations the traveler and trekker will encounter are also insightful. Continuing to read the book, I love the cognitive skills you develop in processing the directions, descriptions of the route, culture, viewing maps, pictures, etc. The idea of actually going there... AMAZING!!! After experience traveling, I would love to have these skills down solid. Picturing doing big mountain skiing, going on backcountry adventures, and simply being enthralled by the marvels of the mountains is really inspiring.

I found my new signature, "The essence of travel, I think, is when not only the traveler benefits, but when his very presence brings benefit, in turn, to the people of the lands being visited." ~ Tomoya Iozawa
The river is a paradise of liquid, caressing the earth, and creating a playground of magic and fluid adventure!
Fluid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off