Old 04-07-2008   #1
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Gotama Teles/BC

It's time for me to update my teles. Right now I'm on a pair of straight Rossi slalom skis from the late 90's that I used as a mogul ski until I crushed the sidewall.

So I'm looking for something that will be a decent on-piste ski but I'm looking at picking up something I can get some skins with and use mainly for BC.

I've alpined on the Volkl Gotamas and thought they were pretty fucking sweet ski. Has anyone used these as a tele?

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #2
Very popular Tele ski on certain mountains. In fact that entire Volkl freeride line is sickness for telemark. I'm on a Tele Mantra and loving it. I'm sold on next will either be the Gotoma or Katana.

johnnewman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #3
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
So, I've skiied gotamas and g4's since they came out. I was looking to replace the g4's since I finally broke an edge this year. I loved both pair of skis, and was looking at Volkls again. It turns out, though, that since volkls moved their production from Germany to China, quality has gone down the shitter. One shop said they warrantied more skis than they sold over the last couple years. I loved the skis cause they were burly and I could ski the shit out of them every day. It doesn't sound like today's volkls are as reliable/strong/well made. I went with the Head monster 88's instead - haven't had them out yet. Can't wait.
jsyz is offline   Reply With Quote