Old 09-22-2004   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
good season pass to get???

I am moving to Denver next summer. Any opinions on what is a good season pass to get if you live in Denver? I snowboard, I like terrain parks, I am an intermediate, like cruiser blues with good jumps, can do blacks, but not so slyling. I am looking for a combo of a good deal, close enough to denver, and good terrain. What do you guys think?

deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #2
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
Ah man, you do the blacks. You're crazy. If you want the steep and deep you want ELDORA!!

FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #3
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Probably the 3 mountain pass (Breckenridge, Keystone, A-Basin) or a Copper mountain pass.

If you want more variety you can pay a little extra for the Colorado Pass (3 mountains + 10 days or something at Vail/Beaver Creek), or
you can get the Super Pass: Copper & Winter park
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #4
Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
I think you should find another Mountain state to move to, unless you like to sit in traffic on I-70 for 4hrs. on the way to and from the ski resorts.....seriously.
gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #5
Send a message via AIM to jtq_99
I got a Super Pass because I have found the last few seasons that Copper/Winter Park are less crowded than the Vail resorts. Plus, it's significantly cheaper.
jtq_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004   #6
If you're not moving until next summer, I'd wait to think about passes...hard to say what all the areas will offer for next ski season at this point. You'll have plenty of time to see all your options and talk to others you meet to see where they'll be heading...

But, valid point about can definitely be a huge pain in the arse, and can make a good day on the slopes much less enjoyable.
spthomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #7
Golden, Colorado
The traffic is a good reason to get the pass. That way you can justify skiing a half day and heading back early to avoid traffic.

The Colorado pass will give you the most variety. Breckenridge has an insane terrain park. Vail has the powder and tree skiing. Beaver Creek has the soft bump runs and no crowds. Keystone's got the groomers and nightskiing (another good way to avoid traffic) and a good terrain park if the 55 foot gaps at Breck have you peeing your pants, and of course there's A-Basin with the high altitude late season spring skiing and all sorts of natural hits... all for the bargain basement price of $329.
blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #8
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
You want the ELDORA pass!
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #9
Snowmass ski patrol
4hrs of traffic, man it must really suck to live in the front range. i have a 4 min walk to get to the lift. i feel for you guys. how about that mass trans mono rail train idea. what are the chances of it ever being built. im sure there is some big cooperate entrust group against it. wow 4 hrs.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004   #10
C'mon, it's only 4 hours if it's rush hour on the weekend AND it's snowing, and we know it never does that here.

Shrambo is offline   Reply With Quote