Old 12-02-2005   #61
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Michael Jackson's black?

I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005   #62
growing up we used to play this game called "gay or foreign" in the lift lines. That was some funny sh#t, people would get pretty pissed with us, but most were cracking up too.

mankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005   #63
Local, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to paddlebizzle
Originally Posted by WhiteLightning
I had just heard him talking about going back to his mom and dad's ski condo, which of course makes him a "local". Anyways, just becasue your parents own a weekend ski retreat, does not make you a "local" of the town you are visitng for the day.
Dempsey - you are killing me. What does that make me, by the way? God, living in the "303" is giving me an ulcer.

I think what differentiates you from one-season wannabes is if you are registered to vote in the county. Otherwise you're a prick choking up the lift lines on a powder day.

Here's another question - is Newby hot? She has a biting sense of humor , she's from the south, and she boats. I couldn't resist, sorry.
paddlebizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005   #64
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I thought we established a while back that she was really a dude?
I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005   #65
Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
I've been lucky enough to see a picture of the poor girls face, since she fancy's flowtorch. Yeah, i'd say she's hot. So, dont go asking for pictures of her now like some sorta internet perv/loser, cause i'm pretty sure she don't get down like that. God, its like a 50-1 sausage fest here.
gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #66
you know what is even worse than gapers swarming the slopes, is people like WL who move to Colorado less than 10 years ago, and than think they have the authority to bash on FR's. Guess what guys, before all you Easterner's decieded that Colorado is the place to be cool, this state was cool. The only people who really have a right to gripe are the Natives who have watched thier state become swamped with want-a-be mountain folk, who move to Summit or Vail and consider themselves the top authority on who REALLY belongs in the Colorado mountains. 20 years ago before all of you wanna-be's showed up, there was never lift lines, traffic, or jackass's like yourself clogging up OUR slopes. I bet you believe Copper Bowl has existed since the inception of the mountain, and Berthoud was a successful resort for many years before they closed it down. I'm all about laughing at Gapers because they are amusing, but don't foget YOU too were a Gaper not to long ago. The Gapers aren't the problem, nor are the true Natives who understand you don't have to live in the gay valley to really understand and appreciate the Colorado Mtns. It's all the people who have invaded our state than like to bash on us for not living in the tourist driven Summit and Eagle counties. Oh and by the way, any REAL Coloradan knows the true mountain gems don't exist anywhere near Summit or Eagle county. Get a clue before you bash on the Front Range Natives who have watched idiots like you destroy our state.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #67
ski/kayak bum
polly, you're American Indian? nice first post.....

double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #68
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
That kind of exclusionary crap, Polly, is no different than racism in expression. "Those people"...

Saddens me a lot.
I love this state, and I'm not from here. I can't see myself leaving, when once I hated it. Now I know I'm right where I was supposed to end up, eh?

Saw a guy from Tennessee taking lessons at Breckenridge. He was polite. He appreciated what we have here. I told him "Welcome to Colorado, I hope you enjoy your stay..."

Teach people what we want our state to be like - that's all it takes to make the place better.

Breck rocked on Friday. I got my linked turns on the greens, now! Woot!
heliodorus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #69
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
20 years ago I remember seeing 45-minute liftlines at Breck - now they've got high-speed quad chairs and all the folks are on the slope instead of in the maze. Yes, we were all novices at some time and its interesting to have Helio's perspective from the bunny slope. Hopefully he's taking lessons learning to board because misery loves company and its great to have other folks to go through those brutal first few days on a board with.

I saw the funniest thing today - a snowboarder had a complete suit of brand-name snowboard gear and it was camoflage! Talk about "loser-chic."

It doesn't matter whether you're linking your first turns on the greens or dropping into a chute somewhere as long as you have a good attitude - that's the important thing.

See you on the hill,

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #70
Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Polly, I think you must have missed a big chunk of the conversation. A couple of points:

-I made fun of a front ranger who thought he was a local because his mom and dad have a vacation home here, not front rangers in general.

-I agree, I was a gaper once, and somtimes still am. I mean we all have a little gaper in us all, right? For God's sake, I was wearing a chef's hat today handing out cookies to skiers leaving a lift line. I'm not afraid to gape out sometimes! The things we will do for a ski pass... God knows I gape around LoDo not knowing where I am, same thing, right?

-I have lived nearly half my life in Colorado. I don't think Vail is the best ski resort, but I am make a living here, and have made it my home over the past 5 years.

-Nice first post. Most of us on this thread are familiar with one another's posts and know that it is all in good fun. We are bored, and are entertaining ourselves. Don't just jump in and be a boner to people without talking to them first.

-Finally, I hope this picture doesn't offend anyone, but I title it "Ladies' Night in the Male Valley"... Enjoy

WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote