Old 11-17-2003   #1
Amsterdam, Netherlands
G3 reviews for T9s and skins??

hey all, i'm thinking about getting the new G3 skins. i know it's too soon to tell but anyone heard anything about them? G3 makes great stuff so I'm asssuming these will rock as well.
Also I've had great luck with my original G3 Targas but tore the sh!t outa the titanium model. Cracked the toe pieces in each of the four corners and when i unmounted them the bottoms were cracked all over and looking pretty awful. got my money back of course (REI rocks!!) So anyone had the same issues with the aluminum T9s???

tboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003   #2
No comment on the g3 skins. I've been using the ascensions for a long time now. I am extremely happy with the ascensions, although they are kind of heavy especially the huge fatties. Lately I've been using the clip fix which is great. Makes skin removal with skis and gloves still on very easy.

aaron w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003   #3
Systems & Process Design, Colorado
G3 acknowledged a problem with their Ti bindings... you might be able to exchange them for their aluminum model. I used the aluminum last year with no problems. Hey T-Boner... didn't you have the same problem with your G3 Ti bindings? Are you going to return them?
alexhenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003   #4
I don't know too much about the G3 skins, but I'd reccomend checking out the Low Fat climbing skins from Back Country Access. I'm on my 2nd pair and won't go back to any other now. You can work with BCA to get your skins set up perfectly for any type of ski (their located in Boulder). Skinny, Fat, Twin Tip, you name it. They have some nice twin tip adaptors which function great with the gloves on as well, or they have a standard clip set up as well. Mine weigh about 8-10 oz which is pretty good for 102 under foot (I randonee) and 195cm.
twitch is offline   Reply With Quote