Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > Winter Buzz

Old 01-16-2007   #11
steamboat springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
geez granpa, calm down. the post that started this thread was a couple month's ago, and billyd already said basically everything that you just said. everyone else have just been asking questions and telling about their trips to silverton. this dude 3trea has only posted once, and hasn't been back to argue his side. this thread already proves the point that most people have a great experience at silverton. this guy had a bad experience, and just wants to vent. you are just adding to the negativity of the thread by bitching at someone who will never read your post.

rhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #12
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Woh, Gpa, you need to smoke a doob and chill the "fuck" out, you fuckin fuck! Seriously, I envision you with a handlebar mustache, your mullet all done up in a dew rag (Confederate...no..I'm gonna go with American flag), knock off Mframes from circa '90, maybe a sleeveless T..definately drunk and swearing at the top of your hoarse three-pack-a-day voice.

Classy. That's the vision you conjure with such a reactionary post. Grow up.

I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #13
Hey I will preface this with I did not see when it was posted and realize that 3trea or whatever will never read my reply.

BUT as someone who lives down here in the San Juans and as someone who read the entire ramblings of this argument over on the TGR boards these people suck!

I have been riding for 20 years and I have had my pass taken from me at a couple of different mountains around the country. I knew that I was breaking the rules and I didnt bitch about it at all, I even appologized as they took my pass away. I find it repulsive that someone would do their best to try to sabotage a mountains reputation when they broke the rules of the resort and of the BLM. I even think it is more pitiful when it has to do with a start up resort like Silverton. Just because these choads got to meet the owner and can use his name in their little bitchy blog dosnt mean they are cool at all. They should be stoked that they have a chance to ski a place in its infancy and respect the fact that it is owned by an actual skier/snowboarder and not some big corporation.

If this had been some rant against the Vail corp I would not be reacting this way, but what the folks at Silverton are trying to do is really cool and when some douchebag who probably waits tables and has no ambition goes and starts badmouthing a group of people with vision and drive to go for their dreams well fuck them. Call me a redneck call me a mullet wearing shit dick I dont care. These people suck and that is that!
Granpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #14
dropzone, Colorado
Yo Kent - nice work on the timing! That is funny, because Joe and I were there on friday. We unfortunately got a little later start than anticipated from telluride friday morning and only got 2 laps before the lift closed. However, those were 2 of our best runs of the season, knee to waist blower. I was wishing we were staying for saturday, I am sure the weekend was good. Glad you got it.
ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #15
Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997

I thought you were in school still. Yeah pretty sick huh? Did you guys hit riff? It was some of the best turns I've ever had. So much vert, so much vert.

See ya this spring

Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #16
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Yo. Silverton is sic and a hellva time. However, this right here is why every other resort in the US has tons of ropes up. People claim, "why the ropes - I just wanna ski all the powder?" Then they find themselves in dangerous terrain and start bitching at the resort that "it wasn't clearly marked with ropes." Bottom line - Silverton is not for tourists unless they get a guide and the front range resorts will continually be required to rope off every stump because of idiot tourists. Job security.

Glad you gotter Kent - it must have been unbelieveable!

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote