Old 01-30-2008   #41
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
ohhh slam. joe k is your daddy. if this was seriously a green run, i'd boot my self in the balls. get some powder or something , wait you are out of control so why would you even think of anything with trees?

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #42
Louisville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Just out of curiosity: what happens if you don't show a ski patroller your pass if they demand to see it?

off_piste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #43
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
For sneaking on without a pass or using someone else's, they can nail you with theft (you are, after all, stealing the equivalent of a $90 product from them). I would assume that the same can hold in this case.

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #44
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Yeah, dirk's got it. Not having a pass or using someone else's is theft of service if you use or attempt to use the lifts.

The catch is that since all the resorts are on public land, you don't have to have pass to be there - just to use the lifts. You can skin up a run and then ski down without a pass, but if you can't use any lifts. Also, the resorts are allowed to determine open and closed terrain for safety and various other reasons. These closures apply to everyone under the Forest Service permit each resort has. Question answered?
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #45
Hey Joe,
You are right on the forest service bit. One thing that always pissed me off was when Berthod re-opened as a resort (10 years back) they were dicks about letting us hike up. Why pay for something I had been hiking for years?
sbratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #46
Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000

Are you from Texas? Just curious.
kclowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #47
Icebox, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
Great Post

This is possibly on of the best posts ever. Way to throw yourself under the bus.
grandyoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #48
dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
I am NOT from Texas, though I have run into many fine Texans (most of them cut me off while I was riding), but I gotta tell you that I would have been out today except YOU NEED TO TAKE A SAFETY COURSE BEFORE GETTING YOUR PASS BACK. Dang it, it's a powpow day too, but after taking it tomorrow at *8* AM I will be back, looking for that snow-plowing JoeK No K more lika the Special K, hey, I will be coming Back!

I just will try to goa little slowa. I just don't see how you have the right to take something I paid for without reimbursement, just so you have something to chat it up with the ladies to enhance your need 2 B macho-nacho.

You will not stop me again, you shall eat my snow entrails silly patrollers!!

Brandon X
The problem with having a Jethro Tull cover band is getting people to listen to Jethro Tull...
IcantRide55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #49
sad little boy are not getting any of this, are you?

the only thing that keeps me from thinking that you are totally worthless is that you finally seem to concede that you need to slow down, and hopefully you are realizing that if you are hitting people, or even getting close to hitting someone (who did not cut you off as noted above), that you are not in control. It is also obvious that you are probably still going thru puberty and have not really matured into adulthood yet. it also has only taken 5 pages of this for you to come around. better late than never, i guess.

i bet that most of the aggressive skiiers/boarders that call themselves experts have probably run into someone along their journey, too (me included). it is only perspective and maturity that you lack for you to realize that this should be embarrasing for you.

finally, i hope that you come around, and start to re-think this situation. one last thing i'd like to leave you with is that being a snowboarder (right?), that you should go out of your way to be extra courteous to everyone else on the mountain. we have a bad enough rep. without you running into people and talking shit simultainiously.

try not to be an immature dick and perpetuate the bad snowboarder rep. there really is some truth to the tele'ers attitude that "if it was easy, it would be called snowboarding"....that is why there are so many dudes like you that are on top of the world, all becuase of the skill in which they slide down a mountain....pretty stupid if you think big picture....

grow up man.

ps. don't kid yourself that probably every patroller out there would kill you in any kind of speed contest...groomers, trees, etc. - seriously. especially if they are on skiis.
Steve Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #50
dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
smack back!

Yo Steve K---
u related to Joe K or something?

I took up riding a long time ago to get the hottie chicks! I'll bet you show up for blind dates---

and find Dateline's Chris Hanson!!

Brandon X

The problem with having a Jethro Tull cover band is getting people to listen to Jethro Tull...
IcantRide55 is offline   Reply With Quote