Old 12-11-2011   #1
Bad Luck, bad form.... bad idea?

So I don't want to come right out and say it. But most of the west is missing something this winter. We have some of it but not as much as years past. Have I lost track of how much we usually have by now? I know their are pockets that have a good bit..... but not most areas.

I don't want to right out and complain..... its still very early and sometimes this stuff piles up in amasing amounts in a weeks time...... I am afraid to even say what I am sad and concerned about...... I don't want us all to be punished for my bad attitude.

nemi west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #2
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Simply put, storms have been dropping south so far this season. The snow is at Wolf Creek and Taos....

sounds like the I-70 corridor should get a good shot of fresh powder later this week:

Copper Mountain Resort Snow Report & Ski Weather Forecast -

as far as the Ark Valley goes, we have had more "upslopes" than usual, but the basin wide snowpack is 96% of average, and 130% of what we had at this date last year.

SNOTEL Basin Time Series Snowpack Summary Graphs | Colorado NRCS

GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #3
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Originally Posted by nemi west View Post
Have I lost track of how much we usually have by now?

Welcome to a regular to very slightly below average snow year - and its still early in the season.
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #4
x, x
Paddling Since: x
it is here, just have to know where to go. elusive early season comes to mind. try to stay positive and go get it. time to start packing it down! only 120 days till next spring.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote