Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > Winter Buzz

Old 09-13-2008   #1
Aspen, Colorado
amazing party at the sweetgrass Hand Cut premiere in Aspen.

All 500 seats of the wheeler theater in Aspen last night were packed for the premiere of Sweetgrass Productions' film Hand Cut. The film was some of the most beautiful backcountry riding i've seen. there's a lot of films that are full of shitty footage- but these guys seem to have it right. I just moved back to Aspen from the west coast, and it was cool to see the crowd enjoying the early season stoke.

I guess the whole soundtrack was done by this dude John-Alex Mason, and he played after the film in the wheeler lobby. He had people dancing like wild and then moved next door. I left at 4am, and the dude was still going. "I'm not even half done the guy said." a good time to say the least.

Lou Dawson was there, and it was cool to talk to him as well. He seemed pretty stoked on the film, and I just read his post on wildsnow from last week: www.wildsnow.com

I might be on the front range this week, and I might try to make it to there show in Boulder on the 20th and Fort Collins at the lyric cinema, which I'm pretty sure they said is this wednesday the 17th.
COrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boy I'm Goin' to Cut You So Good You Goin' to Wish I didn't Cut You So Good yourrealdad Whitewater Kayaking 16 07-19-2007 09:47 AM
Wet-House Action Vid / Rockies Premiere Party? wethouse Whitewater Kayaking 2 12-14-2005 11:32 PM
the amazing puppetry casanovaracing Whitewater Kayaking 2 10-05-2005 02:58 PM
Creatures of Habit Premiere/Preseason party: Free food and B N. Wigston Whitewater Kayaking 3 04-19-2005 04:40 PM
Sweetgrass doublet Whitewater Kayaking 0 06-18-2004 02:35 PM

» Classified Ads
Telemark Boots Garmont...

posted by zrafter

Telemark back country or downhill boots size 12 mens ....

2 Stohlquist Rocker PFDs

posted by ErikH

Stohlquist Rocker type III PFDs, both size XXL. Looking for...

2016 Demo Starboard Astro...

posted by 4CRS

This is a lightly used Starboard Astro Wide Point Deluxe...