Old 08-29-2006   #11
Originally Posted by COUNT
Loveland and A-Basin do both have snowmaking. A-Basin's is limited but will get them open in October. Loveland has one of the best snowmaking crews out there. For rentals, I would recommend Columbine Ski and Sport in Dillon. They are one of the cheapest around and also have the best service of anywhere. Their location in town makes it easy to swap gear before or after your day on the hill if you have any issues. Luck.

Thanks I am going to contact one of the ski shops tomorrow for reservation of equipment, cause there email is down.

Tahnks a lot

fet123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #12
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Just FYI, you might have trouble reserving rental equipment right now as a lot of rental shops don't yet know what new stuff they'll be getting in and quite a few of them won't even open until just before ski season starts. You'll have the best of luck making equipment reservations if you wait until mid-Octoberish (and yes, you'll still be able to get a good deal for the holidays if you reserve then).

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #13
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
Originally Posted by jennifer
LOVELAND for sure!!!!! The best snow, great skiing above treeline if chair 9 is open, no crowds, nice people, more laid-back that the others, FREE CLOSE-IN parking, plus food and drinks WAY cheaper than the other places, and the non-skiing family have a short 30 second walk to the lodge where they have beautiful, close-up views of the slopes and can watch you and others ski down.

i would have to agree. loveland gets the most snow out of the Summit Co resorts, and is a giant playgroud of fun. cheap everything, free parking, and the hiking off chairs 9 & 1 kick ass
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #14
Dude, Vail or Steamboat are my recommendations! I grew up in "The Boat" and it used to be my favorite until I finally hit Vail a few years ago and the mountain is sweet. Between being able to drop some decent stuff, great groomers for carving and the size of the hill I'd definitely rip that one or two days. The cool thing is that everything is so close that you can bounce around pretty easy.

dasunluva is offline   Reply With Quote