Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Lost & Found

Old 09-01-2009   #11
Salida, Colorado
We do donate gear after it has been here over a year. Who should I talk to at First Descents?

AHRA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #12
The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
Give me 24 hours and I'll get you a name.

Life: Live it!
Badazws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #13
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Did you happen to find my Carlisle raft paddles? I lost about 100 of them. They are a rainbow of colors and have the logos of many different outfitters on them.

Let me know, I need them back.
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #14
castle rock, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
I lost my girlfriend at hecla. She went of with another group. If you find her dont give her back thanks
dograft83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #15
Indian Hills
I lost a 14'6" Avon SB with Sawyer oars, DRE frame with metal floor, drybox, kitchen box and a cooler full of beer. Oh yea, and some turkey legs.

With cunning skill like a duck walking a tightrope at night
miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #16
The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
Here is the contact info for someone you could arrange for the gear donation. I hope this works out, I know it is for a great cause.

Matt R.

Lauri Roach

Executive Director

First Descents

970.926.2434 O

970.926.2438 F

678.427.0292 M

First Descents

@lauriroach on Twitter
Life: Live it!
Badazws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011   #17
Salida, Colorado
LOst oars

I live in Salida and am in the market for some used oars. Can someone tell me if they will sell them at a reduced price? I am looking for 9 footers.
Destun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011   #18
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
They said they donate unclaimed gear at the end of the season, they don't sell them. If you need to hear it from the rangers give them a call. Their number is on this thread. Check the gear swap, craigslist and Riverboat Works for used oars.
GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences. https://garna.org
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011   #19
Saluda, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 1997
Thanks Ranger!

Hi everyone. I'm visiting Salida CO for a month and yesterday was my first day on the whitewater park. I lost my brand new AT paddle so I'm super stoked to see this post on Mountain Buzz, which I learned about when I was shopping for a new paddle at CKS tonight. I will call the ranger and ask about my AT paddle for sure. Thanks again. I look forward to a great month ahead here in Salida. I'm from Saluda NC so this community is just my speed. Thanks, Michelle

OH .... I will post this at the lost and found larger threads, but just in case someone else sees this, here's my post about my lost gear:

Hey -- had me a yard sale while paddling the whitewater park in Salida(I know... sad, but I did.). Never lost a paddle in 13 years of paddling but today I ate it and my husband chased the paddle all the way down river. Hey, it was a new paddle for me so give me some slack. Some fishermen are looking out for it too. I'm in Salida for a month -- now without my paddle... dang it - I was about to bring my old paddle I've had for a decade but my husband's like, "Why do you need two?" Murphy's Law. If you find it, it's my brand new Adventure Technology red paddle and my cellie is 828.817.4034. I will cook you an amazing meal downtown Salida if you find my bad boy. We're renting a house on the river and I'll throw in whatever meat, beer and wine you want. I'll even offer a reward if you need that to do the right thing Have pity on a girl on her first Salida vacation day. And props to my husband who chased that red baby all the way down stream. Poor thing had to walk/hitchhike it down 50 while I went to various boater take-outs. Can you say, "Saluda NC peeps in Salida CO don't know anything about the local scene (yet)!" LOL. PS: Anyone have $300 I can have? I guess I need a new paddle.
Rivervamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014   #20
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Just realized I left my PFD and helmet at the Salida boat ramp on Friday 6/6/14. The PFD is a black Stohlquist and the helmet is blue with a small brim (can't remember the brand). Anyone see 'em hanging out there? Bob 719 239-1428

Victor is offline   Reply With Quote

ark, arkansas