Old 06-12-2009   #1
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Lost throw bag, Lower Clear Creek 6/11

I took a swim in elbow yesterday, and my throw bag went missing just below the rapid. It is a bigger throw bag, and is yellow and black. Reward.

Also thanks to the guy who ferried my paddle across the river, while i swam it. Lots of carnage up in the canyon yesterday.

trailhonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009   #2
Golden, Colorado
We'll keep an eye out for it. Don't forget to report whether the rope was deployed or stowed when last seen. The danger factor goes up if it was deployed.

If you lost it stowed then that is good info too because that helps remind people that they really need to clip those things into something solid (not the rubber bands that hold your seat back in) and use a twist lock caribiner to do it.

I lost a throwbag once too so I'm not bitching... but a lot of throwbags get lost on lower CC because a lot of people stepping up to class IV paddle it and everyone needs to do their best to avoid it because it is super dangerous to lose a rope in a highly trafficked run.

Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009   #3
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
The rope was not deployed. The throw bag was just not clipped in inside my boat, and went floating away.

Funny you mention clipping the bag to the straps on the back band. That is normally where I clip it, but my back band has broken. I swam yesterday without pulling my skirt, so I think i need to work on some boat outfitting. I'll clip it someplace solid next time. Thanks for keeping an eye out.
trailhonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009   #4
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
good ol murphy.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote