Mountain Buzz banner

Lost Raft on San Juan

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  ahughes124 
#1 ·
My friend is looking for a 14' raft that was lost on the San Juan on 7/5 in the flash. They were down from Mexican Hat heading to Clay Hills. I think a 14' blue boat, I'm waiting for more info. The D ring pulled off so all she found was her bow line and D ring . She is looking for it now. Please call or text ER @ 315 569 0003 if you have any information. Thanks

#2 ·
Have ya'll contacted Glen Canyon National Recreation Area? If not, you may want to send them a pdf flyer with relevant information that they can hand out to boaters launching for the San Juan Arm region. Sadly its less traveled but someone may stumble upon it if it was not found between the flashing drainage and Clay Hills.

Best of luck.

Phillip

#5 ·
ThinkSnow- I think my friend was in the the group you heard about. It was a group of 5 with three boats. They put all their stuff on one boat and rowed out. Said it was 25 miles to Clay Hills. They found one raft in the falls below Clay Hills.

#8 ·
Boat recovered. Sitting in San Juan arm of the lake. Capi Juan thanks for posting on here. ThinkSnow we stopped to talk to you I believe, one person in a duckie paddle up to your camp. Also think you were the group above us at Honaker the first night (Friday).
FYI we didn't loose the boat because of the one d ring. There was another rope that snapped too. The rope found was attached to the other boat and was on that boat. The boat probably rode together until the falls. Boats where about 5 feet on shore, while beach gave way, the force ripped them both off.
Why does there always need to be that person that thinks they know better?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.