Old 05-15-2007   #1
lost boat spotted in bear creek

last night i saw an unknown model pinned on the bottom and totally submurged in bear creek. The boat is yellow. It's located in the right branch, where the creek divides around a small island with a bridge overhead....somewhere between no fun and the dam ( i can't remember if it was before or after the slide rapid). It's easy to spot if you take the right channel, there's just a few inches of water flowing over it. if you take the left channel you won't see it.
Sorry for the sketch details of the location. It appeared to be pretty messed up.

GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #2
pretty sure

that sounds a lot like my friend, Mike Wertz's boat from Vail. He lost it below No Fun about a week ago and never found it. Yellow Paranha, maybe a Burn?
He doesn't have a computer at the moment and I'm out of the country until May 30. If you haven't heard from him, it would be cool if you could relay that info to Forrest Knapp at 970 376 5333 or may call Alpine Quest Kayak and give one of the folks there the info.
willoughby is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bear Creek Gage blutzski Whitewater Kayaking 1 04-29-2007 10:43 AM
Lost Paddle on Bear Creek at 12 noon Sunday mfrench Whitewater Kayaking 3 07-10-2006 08:56 AM
Bear eats rafters in Alaska cstork Whitewater Kayaking 4 09-01-2005 06:28 PM
Lost Jackson Rocker Creek boat on fish creek progers Lost & Found 0 06-23-2005 09:43 PM
Lost: Paddle on Arkansas River below Bear Creek Rapids kaufmanncar Lost & Found 0 05-23-2005 08:31 AM

» Classified Ads
Klim Heavy Duty GoreTex...

posted by River Capt D

Pants are a couple of years old and used only twice! (Yah,...

Blizzard Zero G 85 (171)...

posted by rboater7

Blizzard Zero G 85 AT skis, 171 length, with Pomoco Climb...

12' Hyside SB

posted by kevin paulson

Well used but loved early 80's 12' Hyside SB. Rubber Only....