Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Lost & Found

Old 06-06-2015   #11
carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 97
That gear wasn't mine, I lost empty beer cans, of which I'm sorry, knife would have been helpful to cut wader suspenders, my oar sleeve stuck in the lock above yarmony, I didn't flip but got pitched from my boat, complacency got the better of me, thanks to the fishing boat that pushed us to the bank, the guide walked upstream and grabbed my oar! We were fishing as well, I got off with a wrist slap, blessings upon blessings. Next day I grabbed new sleeves, rubber stops, and most importantly cobra locks, oar tethers, and a quick release for the third oar( didn't do me any good strapped down)

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

bonedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015   #12
carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 97
And of course the pfd does you no good on the back of your seat, again I was lucky there was no way my girlfriend could pull a 250 lb man into a boat with 60+ lbs of water in his waders, had the oar tower not given and shot the oar out who knows maybe we would have flipped, complacency like I said, no pfd on, 85 lb choc lab trying to come from the back and sit in my lap, strong winds, bad equipment, it was a perfect recipe for disaster, would I have been able to hang on till we hit frog water?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

bonedale is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off