Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Lost & Found

Old 07-15-2013   #31
Hood River, Oregon
Easy way to keep searching is to leave some dirty clothes with your smell on it near where you lost the pups or some other access spots nearby. Then you can just go to those spots and give a call. Had some buddies find a dog this way weeks after they lost it.

Good luck man.

Yard Sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #32
Golden, Coal Creek Canyon
Paddling Since: 2013
Today marks 3 weeks with no news. I feel guilty for returning to work and trying to resume my normal life including taking care of my other dogs and working 2 jobs. I went back to the creek Friday after working all day (to find out they took down my signs) in the pouring rain, still calling out to him hoping he'll come running out of the trees. The water level has dropped and I've searched and searched, but I still haven't found him and I feel like I failed my baby. I will continue to look until I have some closure (whatever it may be), but I can't daily as I was before. Many more restless nights to come... I do appreciate people's support and if anyone does go down SBC let me know. If I hear anything I will post it here for the people who care and have been supportive

Mundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #33
Derby, Connecticut
Paddling Since: 1975
Can't even begin to imagine how you feel, thoughts hugs prayers and love coming your way from New England.....................
"Catch Me If You Can...."
Otterwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #34
Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Just wondering if there was any update on this? Mundy, your last post was heartbreaking as I sit here with my two boys in my office.
I am truly sorry.
skideeppow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #35
Golden, Coal Creek Canyon
Paddling Since: 2013
I wanted to update anyone who has been supportive in my search for Chucky. I pulled his body out of the creek on Saturday after it had been trapped under water for almost 6 weeks and now he will get a proper cremation. As horrifying as it was, I finally have closure and we can rest. So thank you to those who have been supportive and those who kayaked SBC to help look and especially to whoever forwarded this to the hiker that spotted his collar in a log jam- that is how I found him and due to the water level having dropped significantly. So thanks for everyone's support and now my baby can rest in peace...
Mundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #36
Owner: Class 5 Carvings
The Fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I'm so sorry you had to go through that this summer. But glad you know now instead of being left in the lurch to wonder. My thoughts are going out to you and Chucky.
P the K
Paul the Kayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #37
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
I'm so sorry about the outcome, but glad that you are able to have closure. Your dedication to finding him is admirable, and shows how much you loved him.
RIP Chucky
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #38
Grand Junction, Colorado
I'm SO sorry! Brings a few tears to my eyes, poor pooch..... glad you have closure.
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #39
Nederland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
My thoughts are with you. this almost happened to me a couple of times, swift creeks are a danger with hiking dogs, but then again they have had very happy lives to be able to run free in the woods, hike and swim and wade the colorado creeks. you provided a great life for your best friend.
mrSmoothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #40
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
I am so sorry for your suffering and your loss. May you both be at peace now. I'm glad you found him and can cremate him. I'm getting a glass pendant made with a swirl of hazel's ashes in it. Thought I'd mention it, if you
Want to be able to keep a piece of him with you always.

I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is online now   Reply With Quote