Old 04-16-2014   #21
Everywhere, Colorado

You asked about Wing Inflatables, so let me explain. I don't post on MB on purpose, but I feel another useful message should go out there. After many years of commercially driving these and many other boats, it boils down to this... There are Wing boats and there's everything else. Nothing else compares my friend.

Of course people have their opinions. I've seem two guys go to blows over whether a Wing or and Avon was a better boat. Both are total drunken douche bags, but the guy who likes Wings won the fight.

They are rigid as hell, and theoretically flip easier than all the other soggy boats out there. I like that though. The closer to a kayak, the better I say. You are getting cat tubes, however. There's less performance in general with these types boats of any brand, so you'll only get to experience Wing's quality construction and perhaps some additional durability in your day. The frame bears the structural burden.

They did make boats exclusively for the military for about 8 years, but after they were a ordinary raft manufacturer. Why did they get the contract for the military you ask? Because they are bad ass boats, that's why. I hear they even started making low caliber bullet proof boats. I want one of those just to brag. Now they are back in the private world making the best and most expensive boats on the market. $1500 a tube sounds somewhere between "just about right" to "cheap" depending on their length. My buddy got his Wing tubes for a steal at $1200 each.

Hurry up and buy them before someone else does and happy boating.

Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #22
Right near the beach...BOYEEEEE, Brahbrobrahdo
That horse's been dead for 5 years.

Wear shoes in the Safety first, then teamwork.
Brotorboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #23
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
D.I.B. - All About Demaree Inflatable Boats - Dave and Mimi Demaree

The best, most expensive boats in the world. There's a reason the military contract has gone back to dib, and it ain't because they cost less.

Most expensive whitewater boat is over 10,000... 20 year old Demaree boats being run by outfitters down class 4-5 upper yough is real common.

Made in Western Maryland, most west, pnw boaters never see one. But in the off chance you do...offer a hand loading it because they're also the heaviest.
k2andcannoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #24
Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Originally Posted by mikepart View Post
Is that bare fabric? If so, that raft is done.
Haha, yea. But someone did start to paint some material on, and it looks good and has held strong for years. I might just try it anyway if I can get the material for under 45 a gallon.

mrtcarvajal28 is offline   Reply With Quote