Mountain Buzz banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

why would you put this in your butt?

8K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  Andy H. 
#1 ·
yeah, great title I know... So all this raft gear talk got me looking at some frames today.

Maybe I'm missing something because people say these guys make good stuff, and I am not trying to bash here, but these frames don't seem very well thought out.

This oddly designed rear casting seat/anchor setup here seems to lend new meaning to "Rear Fisherman"...
http://www.recretec.com/images/RecreTec-Large/Anchor System Full Front005.jpg

And what is happening here? how do those fishing platforms work? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't fit in the back one, and whats with the crossbar across the front casting area (that seems to be inclined back) wouldn't you trip over that bar all the time?
http://www.recretec.com/images/RecreTec-Large/twomanpontoon.jpg

dunno maybe I'm drunk and bored.

#3 ·
They did make good stuff at one time. Problem is they sold the company, and now someone else is making them under the same name. if you ask me they must not spend much time testing their products, especially not on real water. Otherwise, they you know that these designs are not very practicle.

#10 ·
Whoooaaahhh... Can I just interject something here? First off I am the "New Owner" of RecreTec. I DO care and I DO use our products. Let me first address a couple things. The rear casting platform/anchor system on the yellow boat is NOT meant for a sit down as this is how the customer set it up, not me. It is meant to be able to stand and cast from but they did not want a seat so we did not put one on. If we did we offset the anchor boom out of the way and mount the seat on the platform. Second, the frame in question on the yellow AIRE tubes was a specific order, designed by our customer, NOT me and built so that it could be used on a 12' set of tubes. The size as I told them was cramped but it actually worked quite well to be used on a small set of tubes like that. Also, the dry boxes were probably a bad idea to put in for the picture as they were just some 16' tall ones that we had instead of the shallow,short boxes made later to fit and be low profile. I take blame for that poor choice of a picture with them in it however they would NOT be the ones used. Lastly our quality has done nothing but increased with new equipment, process and R&D. We stand behind our products like no other and we now offer FAR more products to cover literally any aspect of whitewater rafting and raft fishing. We also build any type and size of frame you would like and do it to your specs as well as our own. Im not sure where the foul language and insinuations came from that we are "F-ing honey badgers" or that we do not care?? I work hard and try hard to do build the best possible gear and carry on a 36 year tradition and would really appreciate it if you guys would consider how damaging talk like this could be. I am MORE than happy to explain how and what we do here and listen to innovative ideas that can make your fishing experience more user friendly and enjoyable. I am taken back on how I am being bashed for no apparent reason more than that there is something someone doesnt like and even more doesnt understand why it is like it is. We still build GREAT stuff and stand behind it AND CARE!! If I didnt, we would not still be here and be so highly regarded by many. I am very proud of RecreTec and its products AND our commitment to quality and service.
Timmy-RecreTec Mfg. Inc.

#14 ·
You guys are AWESOME! I cant thank all of you enough for taking the time to post the positives. I honestly talk to hundreds of customers each month, new and old and love what I do because I get to hear how people are so pleased with what we do! I will ALWAYS go the extra mile for my customers as this is what I believe will keep us not only alive but thriving! It is NOT all about the money for me, it is loving what I do and helping others with great American made products. I have to make a living but making an honest one with RecreTec products is honestly the best thing Ive ever done! Thanks all again and anyone else I would love to hear from you!
Timmy
RecreTec Mfg. Inc.
"World Leader in Whitewater Products"

#15 ·
:rolleyes:

dude, it's winter.... on the 'buzz,no less. what else would you expect? the designs are horrible. both frames certainly will leave people who know what they are looking at scratching their head going 'what the fuck?'...no doubt.

thanks for clearing up it was a customer's design though.:cool: i guess the cataraft guy likes rowing with people's ass cheeks resting on the back of his head and savoring each pinched off fart in his ear?

this may clue you in on the honey badger humor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

#16 ·
Thank God someone is willing to take the risk and innovate. This frame is a rather phenomenanal exercise on someone's part to make a drift boat out of a raft or cataraft. A completely new concept and design! O.K. it is foreign and funny looking but so was the first cataraft ever conceived. It would not be so tight if the frame was longer (longer tubes!) but really, as an avid fly fisher I can see value for the rower at anchor to have a walk around the minimal dry box to the rear casting platform - getting as much as possible out of the way of the bow caster's back cast and what the hell, couldn't one rest one's back side on the seat from time to time? Yeah perhaps the anchor system could enjoy some improvements (fewer pulleys do result in less effort) but RecreTec is only performing what his customer has asked for and one-offs always benefit from experience. If someone posted a photo of their girlfriend and she had breasts on her back it might be out of the ordinary but I bet a lot of guys would ask her to dance!

#20 ·
Recretec makes great stuff a lot of people have Recretec stuff and dont even know it as they used to make all the tables and dryboxes NRS sold. And I heard a rumor they started making the frames Aire sells.
I dont know about their fishing frames but their other frames are as good or better then most imho and dealing with Timmy is easy. Thats why after a lot of research I ordered 2 cataraft frames from them. I'm hoping to put one of them in service for a Salt trip in March. Any word Timmy?
Will

#21 ·
Nobody is trying to eat Timmy's children here. I know they make great stuff and their boxes are tighter than a duck's ass. Just pointing out a couple funny looking pictures.

I still giggle to think that if it hasn't happened yet, someone out there is about to get an anchor pulley shoved up their ass when the situation is right.

#23 ·
Timmy,
Don't beat your self up. They are obviously class I boaters with an oar lodged some where unmentionable. I’ve seen a lot of different frames on a lot of different boats. The one I just purchased looks top notch. Its going to do great on the MFS this summer. At first I thought some things looked goofy with some products from a white water point of view. It took me 3 seconds to discern the needs of fisherman over the gear hauling needs of white water rafting. With a little more thought and less crack smoking the Neanderthals will get it too.

#24 ·
Catmanfoo said:
Timmy,
Don't beat your self up. They are obviously class I boaters with an oar lodged some where unmentionable..
Thats cause i was an idiot and asked for a stern mount Oar Tower and Timmy never talked me out of it.

And apparently we are not class 1 boaters otherwise we'd have zero concerns about impalement hazards or overloading a 13' cataraft

#25 ·
poo, one post was all it took to show you're a clueless, ass kissing dumbfuck ?

congrats.

and gosh gee... 5-6 years of boating under your belt,huh? come on back in 30 years or so when you've got some more experience, look at those pics one more time and read your post again. maybe then you'll realize what the adults are talking about at the grown up table.

feel free to keep slurping on timmy's cock though. doesn't change that shit is still shit and that all the criticism is spot on.

cheers douchebag.

#27 ·
Acrimonious thread. Maybe we could put a Saturn raft/cataraft under these frames and get 10,000 hateful posts that would break the all time mountainbuzz records. If I were a newbie reading this forum for the first time I might just get myself a flat water houseboat and avoid all the rancor. The scatalogical lead-in kind of predicts the whole sordid story. Maybe we get back to saving our rivers or sharing our collective ingenious innovations and move on.

#30 ·
OK, this has gone from bad to worse. Enough bickering. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.