Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2012   #11
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
I will say that Timmy makes the best dryboxes IMO. I can get another brand wholesale but I went with RecreTec.

Old 02-13-2012   #12
Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Dry Box

I don't have a RecreTec frame. I do have an old RecreTec dry box and a new capt box from RecreTec made by Timmy. Both boxes are #1 quality. Timmy gave me great customer service and handled all problems and questions I had. Just thought I'd give my 2 cents. Peace

Old 02-13-2012   #13
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
I have a recretec drybox and it is awesome. Timmy made it for me after another company made me one that leaked like a sieve and i returned it. Great service.
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
Old 02-13-2012   #14
Albany, Oregon
You guys are AWESOME! I cant thank all of you enough for taking the time to post the positives. I honestly talk to hundreds of customers each month, new and old and love what I do because I get to hear how people are so pleased with what we do! I will ALWAYS go the extra mile for my customers as this is what I believe will keep us not only alive but thriving! It is NOT all about the money for me, it is loving what I do and helping others with great American made products. I have to make a living but making an honest one with RecreTec products is honestly the best thing Ive ever done! Thanks all again and anyone else I would love to hear from you!
RecreTec Mfg. Inc.
"World Leader in Whitewater Products"
Old 02-13-2012   #15
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975

dude, it's winter.... on the 'buzz,no less. what else would you expect? the designs are horrible. both frames certainly will leave people who know what they are looking at scratching their head going 'what the fuck?' doubt.

thanks for clearing up it was a customer's design though. i guess the cataraft guy likes rowing with people's ass cheeks resting on the back of his head and savoring each pinched off fart in his ear?

this may clue you in on the honey badger humor...

Old 02-13-2012   #16
Kirkland, Washington
Paddling Since: 1972
Thank God someone is willing to take the risk and innovate. This frame is a rather phenomenanal exercise on someone's part to make a drift boat out of a raft or cataraft. A completely new concept and design! O.K. it is foreign and funny looking but so was the first cataraft ever conceived. It would not be so tight if the frame was longer (longer tubes!) but really, as an avid fly fisher I can see value for the rower at anchor to have a walk around the minimal dry box to the rear casting platform - getting as much as possible out of the way of the bow caster's back cast and what the hell, couldn't one rest one's back side on the seat from time to time? Yeah perhaps the anchor system could enjoy some improvements (fewer pulleys do result in less effort) but RecreTec is only performing what his customer has asked for and one-offs always benefit from experience. If someone posted a photo of their girlfriend and she had breasts on her back it might be out of the ordinary but I bet a lot of guys would ask her to dance!
Old 02-13-2012   #17
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000

sorry that the thread got out of hand, but we're just having fun. certainly sorry for whatever grief I've caused, but come on- you're a boater so you must be a fun dude, you gotta think on some level that the anchor up the ass is hilarious.
Old 02-13-2012   #18
Kirkland, Washington
Paddling Since: 1972
Originally Posted by Whoapiglet View Post

sorry that the thread got out of hand, but we're just having fun. certainly sorry for whatever grief I've caused, but come on- you're a boater so you must be a fun dude, you gotta think on some level that the anchor up the ass is hilarious.
Whoa, piglet. You are so right: dancing with a girl feeling her back breasts while you have an anchor up your ass - now that's a great image.
Old 02-14-2012   #19
Ashland and Lake Almanor, state of jefferson
Paddling Since: 1997
wife picked up one of his tables and it's killer. I stand on it all day when i fish off the back of the cat. super nice, but alittle heavy. all in all it's 100% better than nrs.
timmy makes great stuff.
Old 02-14-2012   #20
NorCal, California
Paddling Since: 91
Recretec makes great stuff a lot of people have Recretec stuff and dont even know it as they used to make all the tables and dryboxes NRS sold. And I heard a rumor they started making the frames Aire sells.
I dont know about their fishing frames but their other frames are as good or better then most imho and dealing with Timmy is easy. Thats why after a lot of research I ordered 2 cataraft frames from them. I'm hoping to put one of them in service for a Salt trip in March. Any word Timmy?

Closed Thread