Old 06-13-2013   #51
East MT, WestMT, Both sides of the Yellowstone
Paddling Since: 09
10-4, thanks for the heads up.

spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #52
Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
I think we can all agree that SUP boarding has become far to extreme for the equipment being produced, Casper Mike is an ass, Werner is bad ass, and skideeppow should go back to skiing deep pow...

Crazy Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #53
Commercial Paleontology
Hmmmm........Phil U.....your post surprises me......Lets not get the subject/topic confused here.....So I feel the need to elaborate a little more.....I'll address Glenns one post to start with to clear this up....I have never personally met CM but I believe you whole heartily Glenn that he would be a great guy to have in your pack on the river...My post in no way was attacking or contesting CM's boating ability, safety consciousness, river knowledge, river etiquette, etc. etc...It was strickly reserved for the way he addresses folks on this site that he has no clue about....Granted Glenn I have been entertained a few times by some of his posts but I am guessing maybe not for the same reasons...

As for Phil U's reply.....What you have heard on the river that sounds "notably different" I am guessing is not really related to my topic.....You mention that you thought I was perpetuating just more mean sided gossip....Aaaah...Hardly Phil....gossip generaly implies rumors/ hearsay....idle chatter that has nothing behind it to substantiate the talk....That is certainly not the situation here...All you need to do is review many of CM's past post to realize my particular topic is totally verified.......I specifically stated Phil.....that this was..My Personal Opinion....not the whole kayaking/rafting community by any means.....What other people have said in my presence over the years regarding his condecending posts is not rumor/gossip....It is just folks calling "A Spade A Spade" confirming what my topic was about....Understand Phil that any individual can have multiple reputations depending on what arena you may be referring to...Caspermike may have a Great reputation as an awesome boater & (I believe he probably is) & he may have a quality rep. as a Cool guy around the campfire....& maybe many other good quality reps. associated with whatever avenues.....But that Does Not negate the possibilty of having a Crappy reputation of how he treats folks on this site...........

Problem is......if you have never met him in person & don't get the opportunity to see any of the potential good qualities.... & all you have to go by is some of (as what Glenn said that I liked... filtered/unfilterd) posts...then what kind of impression is the general person on this site going to come away with?????.....Some of the folks he harshed up over time may take it preetty personal...thus possibly making it difficult for many people to stay open minded upon meeting the Famous or is that..ha..Infamous CM...

Anyway I hope that clears things up Glenn & Phil or whoever...And Jen..maybe you are right...funny

Enjoy those short term flows we are having & be Safe..........
MtnGuyXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #54
^^^^Yikes. Got any more .... you need to use up dude?
Jamie D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #55
East MT, WestMT, Both sides of the Yellowstone
Paddling Since: 09
Who gets there feelings hurt on a boating website any way? Sad. I'm sure CM is kayaking down a river of his own tears right now.
spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #56
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Ahahah spider that's good shit right there. If Caspermike could cry he probably would kick him self in the balls first. Just so you know.. Got three days off and a dope ass Werner powerhouse who wants to roll the dice and take some chances?

Fuck cm
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #57
Farmington, Utah
Paddling Since: 2009
Where you boating Casper? Heard blackfoot is running any other runs you got in your sites.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013   #58
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Big timber is high so let's hike up the Stillwater river and do the lakes section... Or.. The bitterroot races this weekend...

Or we can man up and go hike over the timber range into a sick drainage and take advantage of the ague senior.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013   #59
Paddling Since: 96
MtnGuyXC, I don't feel a strong need to be right here but here are a few thoughts. A group of people talking about a person who is not present, even if based on internet postings, is gossiping. Passing along other's opinions, as you perceive them, especially when the others remain anonymous, to bolster your negative opinion of someone is poor form. You can't use the "my personal opinion" shield while referencing other's opinions.

I think its fine for you to call Mike out here on the forum, especially if you are thoughtful and don't resort to the very things you are objecting to. It seems like a playground sort of posture to say "and all my friends think you're an asshole too". The term I used was "mean spirited", not "mean sided", and I think that captures what I was objecting to.

I appreciate you calling for civility here. My post was an effort to help clean it up another step.

High water and Fibark this weekend. I'm psyched...
Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013   #60
Glen Vegas, Florida
Paddling Since: 92
CasperMike you need to make some t-shirts. Something along the lines of "CasperMike Pariah of the Club Boaters." You could sell them at CKS, paddlefest, and fibark. With all the green backs you will be minting that should keep you swimming in pro-form priced powerhouses for years. Maybe use some the extra cash and get a SUP, bra.

Pizzle is offline   Reply With Quote