Old 06-12-2013   #21
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I can't stay quiet. I LOVE my Werner paddle. The joke when people paddle with me is - don't worry about the swimmer, save the paddle.

As for the customer service - seems reasonable to me that they would want the product in hand before replacing it. Yes, some companies do just send you a replacement - but that's no reason to bash these guys. They do have good costumer service.

suzpollon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #22
Telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Aren't you glad you posted your sob story? Do you feel better now, because everyone is sympathetic here for you and is going to boycott Werner because of your experience.

Everyone read your story, it isn't a good one...hence the negativity towards your expectations. Im sure you arent super proud of it when you go back and read it. You aren't entitled to a free replacement, you need to let them inspect it and I'm sure they would send you a new one.

tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #23
SW, Colorado
I have never had a customer service experience with Werner, so cannot comment specifically.

I have, however, had experiences with a few companies that provide truly exceptional customer service. These companies seize opportunities to cultivate lifelong, loyal customers -- even if the opportunity is the result of their products' failure. Their approach to customer service never results in internet whining.

CKS seems to have chosen this path in this case. Nice work CKS.
fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #24
Bozeman, Montana
I think the problem was he was not willing to listen to the Werner gal.. He's from the ski retail industry and knows how Werner is suppose to run their own company.

Brand loyalty is what Werner stands for.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #25
Boise, Idaho
I love Werner paddles, CKS, AND I hate having shit break on me right out of the box. Sucky situation but you have to temper your expectations a bit.

That said, I bought a dog PFD from MTI (underdog). It ripped pretty bad in only the second use. I emailed MTI and they sent me another PFD right away, no questions asked. A week or so later they asked me to send some pictures of the original and the defect. That's it. Solid work by an awesome company... but even then I was wondering how they protected themselves from being taken advantage of. I totally would have expected a response similar to what Werner gave you.
Anchorless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #26
Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2007
The ONLY reason this was posted was because its run off and you want your replacement now. I get where you are coming from but it's just shitty timing and I feel for ya.

I would bet you got a defect as Werner is as solid as it gets. I personally wouldn't buy anything but Werner.

We have all had good and bad experiences with warranty issues in the past from all companies. I have expressed my opinions in the past but in the end it is what it is.

Since its a Werner topic I'll keep it to that. I broke a Werner paddle (Power House All Carbon) I had for 6 months and the tip cracked. It was obvious only a rock could have caused that. My local Werner dealer sent it in and they fixed it free of charge. I didn't pay shipping or anything.

I guarantee if you sent it in they would have either fixed it like new or replaced it but it would have taken a few weeks.

This thread should have been titled "Mad props to CKS" as they didn't have to go out of their way like that. Most dealers would not have.
Aroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #27
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
stick a fork in it and turn it over.

Werner rocks for me. Always has. I bet they always will. Instant karma is a bitch idn't it?

I bet you were real nice to Werner weren't you? And they just turned surly because.

do you want to delete this thread or leave it up so people know how much wine to send to the dish line?
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #28
Mount Savage, Maryland
Paddling Since: 1993
I am assuming the only use left of this thread is to give props to CKS. I moved out east 12 years ago, and am only now getting rid of my first ever kayak, a Prijon Invader. Bought it from CKS 15 years ago and it was the best experience I ever had buying anything! The dude(can't remember the name) took me out to the river to make sure I was fitting in the boat properly before buying. As I had never kayaked before, He gave me a contact at Three Rivers (I was headed out to Creste Butte) which ended up me getting a two day private lesson for a group lesson price. So glad to hear that they are still doing well for themselves and the paddling community. Oh, I guess this thread also points out that on this forum, like on the river, NO WHINING !!!!(or go home)
planetsandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #29
Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
Of course i have proof, i have the receipt. It was from 4 days before the paddle snapped. I suppplied that. You think i just asked for a new paddle with no proof of purchase. The issue is that it was on the first use.
Obviously did not read the original post.
No you said you called them and could not wait to send in your proof cause you say companies revolve around waterflows??!

You did not handle the situation well at all. Werner has stood by every one of their products with me and all people I know...except you!
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #30
Plunk your magic twanger!
New Castle, Colorado
I used to sell power tools. When a customer came in with a tool that needed to be sent off for repair, I often heard how they NEED this tool to make a living. I never sympathized with someone who didn't have a spare when the job was so important.

Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote