Old 06-02-2013   #11
GF, Montana
Paddling Since: 1983
13' Achilles bucket boat '84. Bought it brand new. Tubes, baffles, and seams still intact and holding air very well. Floor has 2 small patches from a keg of beer incident many years ago... This boat will probably be on the water this next weekend for an overnighter as I am not taking the Jag.

AirEms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #12
Charleston, West Virginny
Paddling Since: 1996
I have a old Hyside SB that I took out just the other day to knock the dust fact I decided I am gonna run her more often on my "just fishing" runs if nothing else but to lessen the wear and tear on my revolution from rolling/unrolling. It was an old outfitters boat, but other than the blown baffles it is really good condition and never ceases to amaze me how good it looks when I inflate it.

I thought the boat was an '81 (the serial # is near impossible to read), the guy who gave it to me just the other day said he thought it was a '78. He maybe confusing his old 18' Riken which is about the same age. We broke that one out a week ago to use as a gear boat for a camping trip.

2kanzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #13
Eagle, Idaho
Paddling Since: '78
We have two '78 Avon's (Spirit and Pro) still holding air VERY well...and I don't think there are more than a few patches between both boats. They don't see the water much anymore....a Westwater every now and then.
GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #14
Clatskanie, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1995
My 1983 Rogue Inflatable has NO patches on the tubes and only 2 patches on the floor. I've pushed it down the Middle Fork and the Main Salman, the Grand, the Rogue (lots). I still push it down the Deschutes a couple of times a year (Warm springs all the way to Sandy Beach) when I invite folks from work, non boaters just have to bail a bit to spend a nice long weekend on the water. I still like to row it, I send my boys down in my Legend cat and my Hyside raft and take the noobs in the Rogue (it's a SB for the captain).
30 years and still a nice boat, with a willies R&D full hard bottom frame.

jnich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #15
fat guy in a little boat
FtC / Rancho del Rio, Colorado
Paddling Since: 8AM
oh boy!!

i smell an awesome thread in the making
so i used to squeeze an '81 16foot udisco down the poudre. it only held air for a couple hours but i had some great times on that thing.
i was on an '86 14foot avon adventurer in the grand last year. and on the salt this spring.... upside-down in quartzite for a bit... that old thing was sweet. old avons are tanks.
i run 16foot achilles bucket boats on pumphouse for a living(ish) these days. all of our fleet except for the only 1 sb(2006) are from 1991. i love em. theyre easy to work on and they hold air all day. bucket boats slide over rocks so easy. and on pumphouse i always have a bored customer to man the bucket!!

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
- Spicoli
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #16
Kernville, California
Paddling Since: 1975
86 SunRunner, Still goin!

Here's some pics of a '86 SunRunner that was posted to our FB page...Still looks brand new!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	86sunrun.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	6383   Click image for larger version

Name:	sunrunframe.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	6384  

Click image for larger version

Name:	sunrunfront.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	6385   Click image for larger version

Name:	sunrunserial.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	6386  

Hyside Inflatables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #17
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1970
Pre-Riken Campways

We still use a 1978 Campways Miwok. It has been down the GC twice and it has seen its fair share of abuse on the MF, Main Salmon, Yampa, Deso and San Juan, and it is currently headed to the Smith with a friend.

matkatamiba77 is offline   Reply With Quote