Old 10-07-2011   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Where to get a top off pump near Denver?

All the places I've looked just have kayak gear. I could order one online but I want to take my new raft out this weekend.

Also if you have any recommendations for top off pumps that aren't K-Pump brand, I'd love to hear them.

Whitewater Map American Whitewater river info you can use.
pilom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #2
Right near the beach...BOYEEEEE, Brahbrobrahdo
I've been using the EZ-Pump by Whitewater designs (similar in design to the K-Pump) for a few years now. I modified it with some 7/8 OD vinyl tubing (any place that sells plumbing supplies will have something like this) so that I don't have to hold it directly up to the valve and can sit in my chair and pump.

But you can find a variety of pumps at Down River Equipment :
12100 W. 52nd Ave #101
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033

Word is bond.

Wear shoes in the Safety first, then teamwork.
Brotorboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #3
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Yea, DRE has them....Great company.

We can also send you one and have it there in 1 business day.
ckspaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #4
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
AAA Inflatables

Don't forget AAA Inflatables they have pumps you can have in your hand by the end of the day. Shop local or you might need mail order for your next raft too.
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011   #5
North Denver, Colorado
Go to AAA the people that work there/own the shop know what they're doing. I know your just getting a pump but its nice to talk to people that boat and know whats going on. I've had a guy at DRE answer a gear question with, "I don't really know I mountain bike." I have had this happen a few times or sent someone to get me something who lives close and the employee (salesman) didn't know what the hell he was talking about or tried to get them to buy stuff they didn't need just to spend more money.
nicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #6
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Nicho I disagree! I would only shop at DRE. They are all great people who stand behind there products. Just go in and ask for matti he will take care of you!!!
ecarlson972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #7
North Denver, Colorado
When I started rafting on my own about 4 years ago I knew very little about the sport after being out of it for 12 years or so since I was a kid. I went with my uncle a lot as a kid and only went to DRE beacuse thats where he had been goin since the mid 80s.

I went in there and told an employee I was headed down to Westwater for a couple weeks for some training, it was late May in 2008 and running at 18k- 21k at the time and we talked about this and that I may do some swimming. He tried to sell me a Stolquist wind breaker to use as a dry top! This was the best thing they had in stock... what a joke, and worse to tell me ya this will work good. Not safe to tell a newb they can swim in this crap gear. Keep in mind I did not know about NRS, Clavey, AAA etc... I was a looking at the jacket thinkin ya right, I don't want to wear this in weak rainstorm let alone swimming rapids especially May high water WW. The first "salesman" walked away and another employee came up who I should mention no longer works there and said, "you'd be better off goin to REI you don't want this down there" referring to the jacket. I left. I went to the store again for something and learned the first guy I talked to was the owner! Then I learned about AAA went in, got a bad ass NRS dry top was told to get poly pro on under it neoprene and went on my way with quality gear and real advice. I call the people at DRE salesman beacause thats what they are. You are lucky to find a real river person in there and if you do thery're lookin at you thinkin $! I got more stories about DRE too and why I won't go in there.

nicho is offline   Reply With Quote