Old 06-15-2006   #1
Where can I demo/rent in NM or southern CO?

I am a beginner looking to purchase and would like to demo some kayaks to check fit and ride etc.. I'm 6'1" 190 pounds with 13 feet. I can nail my roll about 80% of the time in class II and small III's and was looking into some sort of all-around boat that I could develope my skills with. I have no gear now and am looking for used package deals. If anyone could help me out with some rental/demo links or phone numbers that would be sweet. Also, I have a friend of similar skill level who is also looking to buy. Thanks

PatrickNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #2
Denver, Colorado
I have a range Bliss-Stick Demos available in the Santa fe area. Check out the boats online at

Email me for more info.

Stay Wet
Repa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #3
Grand Junction, CO

They rent/demo boats and are damned cool as well.
Scary Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #4
Hi Patrick -
I just got dealership status approved from Jackson to sell in ABQ/NM. I've got 7 05 and 06 boats now. I'm trying to move the remaining 05's now...

Given your size, I'd recommend the 4 Fun...its a stable river/play hybrid and since you're at the point that you can roll confidently, you'll be able to grow into playboating well in this boat. The Super Fun will be a little more stable, but its made for someone a little bigger than you.

I've also got an 05 Rocker, creek boat...never used on the river and an 06 Super Hero, used on the State Park section one time.

If you have any questions or want to demo the boats, give me a call or send me an email. I'm generally at the ABQ pool sessions the 1st and 3rd wednesdays of the month, and have been trying to pick a 'slower' time to go to Santa Fe/Los Alamos.

Check out and for more info.
kwgossett is offline   Reply With Quote