A real screw up....
The first Drop stitch Self Bailing raft we made, was totally screwy. We put the drop stitch even with the bottom of the tubes, and pulled the floor tight so that there was a smooth transition from side to side. This allowed the boat to track (more precisely not track at all) the same front to back and side to side. In the small rivers like the Chama, we could not keep it off the cliffs. What a dog. But boy Howdy it could haul some gear. So that is when we adopted this program of lifting the main floor up, and using the drop stitch floor to push out the main tube to make the main floor tight. OUr dragon fly has almost a 4 inch uplift, but we try to keep it about at 2.5 inches. That seems to add a nice amount of tracking. We have only done these Three different heights. After our first experience the dragonfly was next, and It may be up too high, but the fishermen like it.
We like the way drop stitch works.
At the risk of seeming redundant..... Have a look at this site for more information.
Failure is like fertilizer.... We do not like steping in it, but it grows good tomatoes! (and boats)