Old 05-04-2004   #1
What boats are comparable to the Big EZ?

I'm 5'11'', 165lbs. This will be my second season on the river and I'm pretty much sold on replacing my Necky Jive with the Big EZ. If I can't find one, what other optins should I consider? I want a river runner with good stability, and a smooth roll. But, I also want a boat that will transition well into playboating. Am I asking too much?
I've also demo'ed the Pyranha I:3 and Dagger Juice (on flat water). Are these comparable or is the manufacture's rep just blowing smoke up my @$$? Thanks for the help.

Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004   #2
The EZ is definetly the best boat of those, the I3 is more of a riverrunner and doesn't play as well, not sure about the juice. The pyranha s8 might be a good choice, good riverrunner and more of a playboat than the I3. The necky mission or whatever is the bigger boat of that line or the riot turbo are also all up your alley, but not as forgiving as the EZ.

Whiskey's for drinkin' and waters for fightin'
- Mark Twain
wycoloboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004   #3
Booster 50. Great all around for your size.
surfpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #4
You're between an EZ and a BigEZ

If you want to play you should think about the EZ. I'm something over 170lbs, 5'11", and size 11.5 feet. I fit in the BigEZ really well and like it as a river running boat. I can't come close to flatwater cartwheels. I used my Fiances EZ much of last season and for the couple times I've been out this year.

I really enjoyed the EZ for play and for sections I'm comfortable on. The fit is pretty tight. I haven't really tested it in challenging stuff, but my guess is that my weight takes me over the optimum performance for river running and I'll dust-off the BigEZ if the spring run-off is similar to last year. In a perfect world I'd take a larger cockpit and a bit more footroom in the EZ.

If I were you I'd try both boats before making a decision. If you want to do Cartwheels you'll need really good form to pull it off in flatwater in a BigEZ.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #5

I have never used the big ez or the ez to compare with. But i have the perception Full tilt. I like your self was looking for a ez but the price was too high. I found that the full tilt was perceptions design to the ez and they did do a good job on it. I have let alot of people use my boat and all of them say good things about it. The hull speed is pretty fast on it too and it spins like a champ. Take a ride in a full tilt you may like it
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #6
Of those boats the I3 is an awesome river runner and will throw good cartwheels, the big EZ will surf well also. Bear in mind that the I3 has less forgiving edges and will keep you on your toes a little more but will also be more responsive in running rivers and carving. The booster is also a good boat. The booster will have the smoothest feeling roll due to the shape around your knees. Go with what fits your body the best and feels the most comfortable to YOU in moving water. If you feel comfortable in a boat you are more likely to try harder moves while playing due to the confidence you have in yourself and the boat. If you don't feel comfortable in an awsome playboat then you will more than likely be reluctant to use the boat to its full capacity

A general rule is the more stable - the harder to roll. Of Course this is not always the case but the most stable boat is generally the one with the largest flatest hull and the biggest sidewalls. A good exception is the Riot air 55. I found it to be really stable and quite easy to roll.

bdian is offline   Reply With Quote