Old 08-06-2012   #1
Shelby, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 2012
What boat is most like the Mamba?

I had a Mamba, and loved how it paddled, but i never could get the outfitting dialed in and stayed numb and in pain from the waist down. I ended up selling the boat after months of tring to adjust and get use to it, but no matter what i tried after being in the boat for about 15 minutes i was in pain and going numb in my legs and feet. So what boat paddles and handles like a mamba but with better outfitting and more comfort?

GosuPaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #2
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
If you want a boat as forgiving and easy going as a Mamba, but with different outfitting, check out The Liquid Logic Remix series...It is also a forgiving, fast river runner. It has the most comfortable outfitting you will ever sit in.

ckspaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #3
Farmington, Utah
Paddling Since: 2009
The Remix is the shit In my opinion it is one of the best boats out there. Not the best creeker, but it can be done, but for river running it is the best.
Flying_Spaghetti_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #4
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
try the Jackson Zen. Super fast, nimble and dare I say creekier than the others

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #5
Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I agree on the Remix, I would gladly take my old one back. You might want to hold out and check out the new outfitting that Dagger is rolling out next season in their boats. I like the new Mamba much better than the last hull design.
DoubleYouEss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #6
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
I have a Jackson Super Hero and LOVE it. Super forgiving and fun to paddle. I use a Jackson Happy seat to support behind the knees which makes a world of difference. You could also look at the sweet checks as well. I don't use that but it looks very interesting.
JSHero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #7
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I find the Dagger Mamba and the Wavesport Diesel to be very similar.
GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #8
Cpt. No Scout
In a Van, Down By the River
Paddling Since: 91
Remix and Mamba are NOT simular in the way they paddle. The mamba is a planning hull and the remix isn't! The remix is longer and spreads volume differently. The remix also gets the stern pushed around as it is lower in the h2o. Mamba sit higher in the h2o and the stern is not effected as much. Mamba resurfaces better and plays better. The remix is a down river machine that is really nothing more that re-tweek of a 20 year old design. The zen and remix are the same boat. I own a diesel 80. It is heavier that the mamba and is simular but it too paddles differently. There is waaay more room in the cockpit than the mamba. The hero is altogether a different machine. Its slooow and gets pushed around very easily. With all that said; try the diesel, detox, stomper, and even the villain. Thats just a small list. good luck.
idahofloater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #9
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Zen and Diesel. The outfitting between the two are very different and give you a lot to pick from. I've paddled all three and the Diesel is the closest in overall comparison. Remix is awesome also but not as similar to the mamba as the Diesel.
On the river, I can abandon who I am and what I've done. However brief it lasts, while on the river I am nothing important and everything insignificant. I am flotsam, and happy to be so.
hojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #10
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Jackson outfitting is most comfortable

too bad the Mamba outfitting didn't work out for you. Certain people with certain outfitting just don't work out. I have to say that personally I find Jackson's outfitting the most comfortable, with perhaps Liquid Logic's badass outfitting in 2nd place. Maybe the new dagger outfitting will work for you, we'll see. The new "leg lifter" feature looks awesome.

In the Jackson line, closest in performance to the Mamba would be the Zen at this point, although I find the Zen hull to be a more aggressive planing hull than the Mamba. The Hero series is also worth considering, although Hero/ Super Hero are going to feel more rockered/ "turn on a dimy" than the Mamba.

The Remix is a good option too and should be comfortable, but there is no edge and less rocker, so it will handle differently than the mamba.

Here's my Zen and Remix review:

Jackson Kayak Zen Review with Dustin Urban

Liquid Logic Remix 59, 69, 79 Review with Dustin Urban

dustin.heron is offline   Reply With Quote