Old 08-08-2012   #11
Shelby, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 2012
A little back ground info on me.... I've paddled my friend's Remix 79 and it was ok. I loved the outfitting! It was super comfy, but didn't think it handled as well as the mamba IMO. I got to demo a Diesel 80 for about 15 minutes so not enough time with that boat to give a good opinion of it yet. I'll demo it again soon (i hope). Talking with a few other people, i've been told i need to demo a newer Burn cause it will be similar to the mamba.?? Also, i haven't seen anyone with a Karnali, but from the very few reviews i've read on the Karnali it sounds like a very easy and forgiving boat to paddle???

GosuPaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012   #12
Columbus, Indiana
Burn, Diesel, and Mamba are pretty close in design. All are semi-planing, around the same length, volume, and rocker. They'll paddle just slightly different, but the general concept is pretty much the same.

I really like my 2010 Burn (the new version). I also have paddled my wifes mamba. The mamba felt VERY familiar. I'd say the mamba felt a bit more forgiving, but they both paddled similarly. I have not paddled a Diesel because nobody around here caries wavesport, but from everything I have seen/read, it is a very similar boat as well.

For those saying remix.....It's not similar to a mamba. It's a great boat, but it is not similar to a mamba.

seedubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012   #13
Conifer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Karnali or new hero are better choice... I have a new mamba and sometime have same problem with numbness.. But really love boat and way it paddles..
MikeThulin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012   #14
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Just did a Brown's float with someone in a Mamba and another in a Diesel. The Diesel has definitely got more edginess, with a couple of additional edges and a flatter planning hull. The Mamba has less edges, and more rocker. However, they are still fairly similar.

GARNAs mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote