Old 06-19-2010   #1
North Wales, United Kingdom
Paddling Since: 2009
Wavesport Fuse or Jackson Fun

I am looking into buying a river running playboat as I already have a full on playboat and the two I've narrowed it down to is either a Wavesport project 56 or a Jackson4Fun.I want a boat for going down rivers mainly but still be able to have a bit of a play on the way down.So basically which one of these do you think has the better outfitting and is the more comfy to be in,which is better at running rivers,which is better at playboating etc, and which is the better of the two .I won't be doing any big rivers .I know most of you will say demmo but I really just want peoples thoughts on these two great boats.

Michelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010   #2
pnw, Washington
Jackson outfitting is quirky. Most people either love it or hate it, try it out and see which group your in. The project is more of a full on playboat while the fun is more for river running.

"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010   #3
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Check out the Super Linear JK 4Fun's too. They cost a little bit less, and have outfitting that is pretty cool. Foam feet, same hips and back band, and nice seat pad. They aren't cross link, but if you treat the boat well, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
ckspaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #4
Grand Junction, Colorado
I have been researching the same question. Have always owned Wavesports but had a chance to trade my Diesel for a 2010 JK Fun a few days ago. The Wavesport rigging is definitely more comfortable to me. I haven't had the JK on the water yet. Will pass on how it handles compared to my Diesel and Project 52. There are some difference in hull design compared to the Fuse I was looking at, which I think might work better for me and what I want to do with the Fun. Will let you know how it goes. I may have a Fun for sale by the end of July!!!!
Ty Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #5
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
You need to try them both. I've found that the Jackson Fun fits me much better than my old Wavesport Big EZ, but my son finds just the opposite. The Jackson is more of a knees up position.
kayapelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #6
North Wales, United Kingdom
Ive actually had a demmo today in the Fuse 56 and I loved it so I'm going to try and demmo the Jackson now and see which one I prefer I thought the outfitting was really comfy and I found it a doddle to roll so the Jackson will have its work cut out to feel better than the Fuse

Michelin is offline   Reply With Quote