Old 04-15-2006   #11
Re: Wavesport Diesel vs. LL Hoss

Wow! Just the question I have been waiting to reply to.
Get ANYTHING BUT the Wave Sport Diesel.

I paddled a Diesel 75 for 1.5 season. Nice boat and all, but the thing split right up the middle! ...and to top it all off Wave Sport would have nothing to do with waranty help.

I now paddle a Dagger Mamba 8.5.
It handles a bit more like a creek boat (which is its main priority) and I hear Dagger has a much more reliable customer service policy.

Good luck in your search!

yosnake99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #12
The Mamba IS NOT A CREEK boat.
That would be the Nomad.
But neither is the Diesel.

Both of those boats are River Runner/Big Water in design.

Why wouldn't Wavesport do a Warrenty replacement for you?

Swim team capt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #13
GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Its the carpenter not the hammer that matters. Get whatever is more comfortable.

The differences between boats seems too small to actually care about. Questions like, is the mamba a split second faster/slower than the deisel seems silly to me when most everything that is being run has been run in t-canyons, crossfires, hurricanes, freefalls, etc.

Boat choice is a personal thing, but personally i think it is best to get a deal on a boat, trash it, get rid of it, get a deal on another boat, repeat until you're 100.
Mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #14
The mamba is a slower boat... built esp. for beginners. If you are a big guy looking for a river runner, you may want to check out river running playboats too.

The LL CR250 has plenty of space and is sweet. You can do more with this kind of boat than a mamba or a diesel... none are creek boats... check it out

However, the overnight storage might be an issue...
thedude1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #15
pnw, Washington
Uh, so the mamba is slow and the CR is quick? Give me a break, how many people are going to jump in and say the mamba and the diesel arent creek boats? They are if you want them to be and jeez read the thread title.....river runner.....
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #16
This post was supposed to be deleted but I'm admittedly too ignorant to do it. That, or it's impossible which in that case I would feel much better!

Miguel's evil twin, Pepito
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #17
I hereby nominate "Mutt's" post as Post of the Month! Well said Bro...much to do about nothing! Of course I've been known to argue the finer points of a given boat, so this post should be taken with a grain of salt, which in turn would naturally eliminate this particular post from being considered for Post of the Month. Was that a run on sentence or what...and can you tell that I need to get out and do some boating or what?

Have a great day, Miguel
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #18
Had a Hoss for a few months and grew to hate it. Seemed fine on the milder stuff, but I didn't like the way it performed in the bigger, harder stuff. Sold it and got a Diesel and I love it. Opinions on boats are a personal thang. You need to try them out and see which one calls to you. I knew the minute I got in the Diesel, that it was the boat I'd been looking for. If the Hoss came with a lifetime warranty on the plastic, I still wouldn't buy another one.

JimiC is offline   Reply With Quote