Old 07-02-2015   #1
portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2015
Wavespoet EZ good for medium sized guy?

I have the opportunity to pick up a Wavesport EZ for cheap, but I only see one review of a guy my size (5' 10" & 155lbs). Every other review is a much bigger guy excited he found a boat made for him.

Will this boat work for me?

loadofcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015   #2
Denver via GJ, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
That is a pretty low volume (47 Gallon) boat. Not sure at your height if you would have much foot/leg room either but if you can sit in it comfortably you can likely make it work. There could be some sacrifices as your weight and height may be just enough that it pushes you out of the sweet spot for that boat. As you progress that lack of volume is not going to help you much except for maybe throwing some tricks.

"I plan to leisurely advance through my existence" - Terry Fuhrman 1991
-k- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015   #3
Enfield, New Hampshire
Paddling Since: 1990
Re EZ....

Go for the Big EZ. the above poster is pretty much correct. Many years back, I tried getting comfortable in the Big EZ, and at 5' 10"s, had to remove the thigh braces to do so. Once I did this it worked fine. At your height the EZ will be very very uncomfy if not downright dangerous wrt quick egress.
JIMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015   #4
pnw, Washington
Agreed. Skip it. Even the big ez was very tight on my legs. I had to get out and get blood flow back in my legs from time to time. There are too many comfy boats to stuff yourself in one of these.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015   #5
Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
I actually loved this was slicey as all get out, but plenty small to flatwater cartwheel. I'm 5'-9" 165 lbs (only 31" inseam). It fit me great. In big water it did get scary, but i was a much better paddler back then

I have since had 2 boats that i didnt like nearly as much.

BUT there are plenty of much better options these days, unless you are getting it for $100-$150.
ENDOMADNESS is offline   Reply With Quote