-Pyranha Molan
-Wavesport Project X
-Dagger Agent
-Fluid Nemesis

River Running/Play:
-Wavesport Fuse
-Dagger Axiom
-Pyranha Varun
-Pyranha Loki (should be coming out soon)
-Liquid Logic Free Ride
-Jackson Fun
-Fluid Spice

[All in no particular order]

Those are the new boats. If you're just starting out, you may want to try something cheaper (used). If you're new, you'll likely not notice much of a difference between a 2 year old design and the "latest/greatest." But if you do want to go new, I'd suggest demoing since there are subtle differences between all of those boats, and they all cost about $1k.

seedubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #13
Meridian, Mississippi
Ok I will look into those. What would you suggest
Alisi1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #14
Columbus, Indiana
If you really want to play boat.....get a full on play boat. You won't be happy with the performance of anything else in the long run. Just start out easy on class 2 stuff and progress at your own pace. Later down the road, get yourself a creek boat for harder stuff.

The learning curve will be steeper, and you'll get tossed around more, but if you are one of those people that's persistent and is a quickish learner, it's the way to go.

Otherwise, get a used Jackson fun for cheap and learn in that. It'll be more new boater friendly. But from the sounds of it, you'll end up getting rid of it in a year or so to get a full on play boat. So if I were you, I wouldn't spend the money on a brand new free runner type boat. At least if you get a used fun, you won't lose much if any money when you end up selling it. Tey hold their used value pretty well.

Other than that, I recommend demoing. Otherwise you won't know how those boats compare, or what feels right to you. You really have to try them yourself to know what's going to work the best for you. You can look at the specs and read reviews all day, but they just can't tell you which one will feel right.
seedubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #15
pnw, Washington
project x

"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote