Old 12-01-2006   #1
Waterproof Ipod?

I have seen a bunch of posts and adds for dryboxes for ipods. Can you run the headphone cords out of the box and if so, are the earbuds waterproof? has anyone tried this? What do people listen to when they paddle?

Captain red beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006   #2
student wasted state, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to vaultman14
i have the h20 adio system and it is great for the play park but thats about it the whole thing is waterprof even the headphones but the sound quality isn't verygood but its still fun to be able to listen to your ipod while your boating

you know sometimes i wish i would have chosen something like baseball but, i didn't and i'm a kayaker so this is what i do." -Nick Turner (Wehyakin)
vaultman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #3
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
The Ipod cases and drybags have external plug in's. The head phones don't really nead to be water proof because they don't have any juice going through them. The sound is good and in some cases it even works under water. That is until the surface contact breaks and water starts going past the earphones. Then you get some super funky tunes. When this happens you'll haave to take off the earphones, empty your ears and put the earphones in again. Great for the long paddle in and out, or for long days on the river.
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #4
I'm right 50% of the time
Paddling Since: 1977

otterbox also has cases
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #5
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I have H2O audio but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I saw someone the other day with a pelican that had the headphone attachment. First I've seen of those...not sure why they had it here..keep the dust out I guess.

I've always trusted pelican with my camcorder and camera. Whatever you get, make sure to test it before you use it with electronics, probably to be safe test it each time before use.
I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #6
Local, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to paddlebizzle
The only one that I've seen that is totally bombproof and waterproof to about 100 feet (think: turbulent hole) is the Freestyle Audio. I don't know a whole lot about sound quality/ease of use, but it is worth the research. maybe?
paddlebizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #7
freestyle audio

I got the freestyle audio player for christmas and it kicks ass! I took it snowboarding with me (using the normal headphones that come with it) and fell on it about 50 times and it works great. I also took it for a swim in the pool (using the waterproof headphones that also come with it) and it worked wonderfully - good tunes while submerged and out of the water.

YakaRaft is offline   Reply With Quote