fort collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Dry Bags

How much are 40L bags?

barryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #42
moab, Utah
Paddling Since: 08
i also think that your dog is good looking and that his clone who is asleep on my couch is also quite good looking...

back on topic, i would only ever buy a dry bag that has been sustainably farmed, locally grown, and humanely treated its whole life.

holy shit the water needs to come up already. i have posted like 12 comments on this website in the past week alone...we all need to get outside....

just because it's diet don't mean it's good for you!
junkshowriverchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #43
Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: ???
you have to decide what the value of your belongings you are bringing when purchasing a drybag. fortunatly wal doesn't sell dry tops. Chris wal-mart frisco employee, 10 mile creek kayaks customer.
SummitCoColdH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #44
Helena, Montana
Paddling Since: 96
Originally Posted by SummitCoColdH2O
you have to decide what the value of your belongings you are bringing when purchasing a drybag. fortunatly wal doesn't sell dry tops. Chris wal-mart frisco employee, 10 mile creek kayaks customer.
Zactly! I bought two today, for trash haulers. I'll keep my important stuff in my sweet JPW bag or my pretty OK NRS bags. But garbage? Just not gonna dedicate a $100 bag for trash (cause you never really get that smell out).

$11 for the 40L.
Never get out of the boat
MountainMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011   #45
White Mountains, Arizona
Paddling Since: '88
Walmart is the home of cheap plastic crap. If something is cheap but sturdy from Wally World then they must be cracking whips on young kids in a crazy sweat shop in China. Support the companies that support our sport.
"Good relations with the Wookies, I have." - Yoda
EZDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011   #46
hutchinson, Kansas
Paddling Since: 2006
Originally Posted by okieboater
pasted in from above:
"i'm holding out for them to sell inflatables ..."

If it is for sale in WalMart, chances are it was made in or imported from China -
pay your money and take your chances. If not from China or other off shore locations, you can bet it was low bidder to the point the quality is probably not there.

I have a high regard for WalMart's use of Technology to drive retail and inventory management
but the product they sell to us here in the US is primarily from China or the cheapest manufacturer they can find in the US. At one time they used a lot of US manufacturers, but they constantly drive suppliers to reduce cost once WalMart gets a supplier dependent on WalMart sales to keep their company alive - the pressure to lower price to WalMart is unrelenting till that company dies as they cannot legally produce the product here in the US. China manufacturing does not have the rules and regulations USA has. US federal laws stack the deck against US manufacturing - that is the reason US jobs fled to first Mexico (NAFTA) then China, India and other low wage low environmental protection countries.

Even if the brand is a well known US one, chances are the product is a special manufacture just for WalMart not the brand's flagship model.

Some one posted to support the brands that support river runners. Another reason to buy dry bags from JPW.
I agree how ever look at anything NRS its all made in china as well very sad

shonuffkayak is offline   Reply With Quote