Old 09-17-2008   #1
Bethesda, Maryland
Tornado vs. Green vs. Remix 100

I think these boats are about the same width and length and vol. Does anyone know how they compare in terms of performance. Surfing, attaining, turning, boofing, drops, etc.

mattskayaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #2
A lot of the same

For starters the Tornado and the Green are essentially the same boat with only a few very small differences. They both have the same rocker profile (line them up and you can essentially trace them) and virtually the same volume and width, which on a boat of that size doesn't matter hugely. The only diff. is that the green is a couple inches longer and the bow is slightly peaked to help with some speed. I've paddled both, and they both handle great, takes a bit to really figure out how to turn them easily but once you dial it in they turn on a dime, relatively to the fact that their huge. That in mind they are both great boats for almost anything, and you could prob pic up a tornado for a lot cheaper than a green so...

the remix 100 i've never paddled, but i have seen. looks like a great boat. looks like it'd be just a tad bit faster than the other 2 and may turn easier. but as I've said i don't know for sure, you may want to try and find someone who would be able to give a better review of it.

hope that helped a bit
kayakid is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off