Old 06-07-2013   #1
Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
TM Kayak in Frisco-What a Joke!

Last Friday I dropped off my dry top at TM Kayak in Frisco to have the wrist gasket repaired. I spoke with the owner who asked me when I needed back. I responded “Tuesday.”
The owner stated, Tuesday would be more the enough time. Well, on Tuesday I got a voicemail (I still have it on my phone) from the owner of TM Kayak that said it would be ready on Wednesday. I rolled into TM Kayak on Wednesday and the owner tells me he only got one of the gaskets repaired. This morning I stop by TM to find out the owner hadn’t repaired ANY of the gaskets.
I hope you can understand where I’m coming from. If he would have told he couldn’t get to it. It would have been no big deal, I would have gotten it repaired somewhere else. But instead I was lied to over and over.
My advise to all of you. Don’t waste your time and money this shop, there’s plenty of honest and hardworking shop owner and staff around.
I would personally like to thank the owner of TM Kayak in Frisco for keeping off the river for the past week and having me go into peak runoff with no wrist gasket. Thanks for nothing.

Eli123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013   #2
TM kayaks - give thanks

I suppose you could thank yourself for:
1. Not properly maintaining your gear so you could avoid needing maintenance, especially during peak season. Usually good practice to inspect those things before, during, and after the season - so you don't miss out on the fun.
2. Not having any friends who you could borrow a dry top from in the interim
3. Not supporting your local paddle shop. Pretty sure there's one a lot closer to Avon than Frisco...think Edwards and Vail.
4. Crying about it on a public forum. I don't know the folks at Ten Mile personally, but I do know them by reputation. I'm sure if they feel they let you down, they will own up to it.
5. Bad grammar. Seriously, Casper Mike could do a better job of writing than that. (apologies in advance to Mike, but you know it's true)

twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013   #3
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
There have been a few posts lately that basically say "Dammit, its taking longer than usual to get service, oh wait, it's the very top of peak season."
eklars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013   #4
frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
If I ever say "I can't go boating because of a lack of wrist gaskets" please punch me in the face.
full yellow life jacket
bob larrabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013   #5
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Matty at TM is awesome. Sorry you had a delay on getting a wrist gasket repaired.... but the whining is unnecessary.
GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013   #6
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
kayak shops lies to customer. customer calls them out for lying. kayak shops bros come to his deffense with excuses.

don't lie and you won't have to don't make excuses. Or at least don't treat people that way and expect them not to get pissed.
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013   #7
Toyota pickup, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Ten MileCreek Kayaks

Ive never had a problem with that shop. Being as small as it is and peak season they always did what they could for me. Instead of throwing a small business under the bus in an industry that needs as much business as possible try to look at the bright side. Matti has always done right by me and because of his customer service he has had my business for the last four years or so.
rollo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013   #8
Everyone keeps saying "peak season" if he said he could get it done by a date then it should be. Ok, he didn't get it done, you don't lie to the customer telling him its half done so he can't take it to another shop. My guess is he got a bigger job than ur gaskets and moved you to the back of the line. Feel free to bitch!
Toshkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013   #9
Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Owner, other side of the story....

Yes, I was unable to get your gaskets done. It high season and just could not get the time. I am a one man show here and I was wrong in trying to do to much and I apologized to you for that. You walked out so fast from my shop I had to text you what you did not tell everyone in your post that I offered you 25% off any dry-top in my shop or free wrist gaskets for your top that I did not get done. Also, as you know there was one side that was really badly melted from some kind of heat that your friend did when they borrowed it. I did try to do that one but did not take and pull everything off. My reputation speaks for itself, and as hard as I try sometimes I can not make everyone happy. Wish you the best and my offer is here if you ever want to take me up on it...

Keep The Hairy Side up...

TenMileCreekKayaks is offline   Reply With Quote