Old 07-25-2005   #11
Wow. "or maybe the water hasn't drained out of your soggy head yet". "Soggy head"...? That's all you got?

Hey Gary, you big mean soggy-woggy-woogie head... why don't you get back to Captain Kangaroo with the cute wee kids you like and quit over exerting that gimp arm of yours.

This is a forum for people that are actually boating, not those gone soft from being out of the loop... f%&*# "soggy head" weak.

Ok, you can have an E. for effort. Everyone needs a little charity or pity.
Old 07-25-2005   #12
pnw, Washington
Nice shot Gary, as always, you crack me up.

gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #13
How bout you guys take your little boys club over to the main forum... I believe this post is about advice on boats. You can start your "Raise your hand if your a jack ass" thread over there.

Or, if you actually know something pertaining to the original question, please feel free, otherwise...

Good day.
Old 07-25-2005   #14
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Honey hush,

"This is a forum for people that are actually boating"---do you really call your self a boater "wise"girl as you don't even have a boat?I mean going out to the valley pool in your borrowed boat and swimming is now considered kayaking?Holy shit,the vail standards just keep getting better..Well you're right girl.The best part is I can hang with my torn up shoulder when the standards are that low..

As for the kids,they're in the pouch of the dead kangaroo..

I'll give you the last word
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #15
Just got a diesel 65 this spring and I love it! It is easy to roll and incredibly stable. It has pushed my paddling above the realm of what I was capable of in my perception spin (a boat I love don't get me wrong). I am 5'7" and 150lbs and the boat is easy to navigate. The thing I had to get used to was eddy turns. My spin would whip into eddies and at first the diesel would lumber in. Talked to jim blakney at fibark and he told me to move the seat all the way forward to help the trim. This helped but I am still perfecting my technique. As for play, I am still learning but I can front surf, throw spins and side surf in it. I am more interested in running a river than playing around on one. This boat helped me style my first attempts at browns canyon and lake fork of the gunnison. As for extra credit I was considering a Liquid logic Hoss but never got to try one due to the deal I got on the diesel. My friend paddled one in chile this past winter and loved it Good luck with grading finals! Cheers!!!!
sandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #16
Can't you find a boat shop and go harass their employees, least they'd get paid for this non-sense.
mescalimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #17
mescalickit... how stupid are you? Get off this post if it's bothering you. I seriously doubt satan came down and forced you to click on this. Go back to your sega.

Sandoz, thank you. That was the best post yet, really helpful. Plus for details, explanation, eddy turn specifics, and extra credit for the comment about being more interested in river running than playing and being close to the same size as me... A+

This is why I posted this.
Old 07-25-2005   #18
Ok to everyone that says you can't play in a Mamba or Diesel, Tell that to the guys I saw throwin loops in the #1 Salida hole and that you can't creek in them the people that ran them in the Pine Creek Cross.
those to boats may not be best suited to what they were being use for but neither was a G-ride I saw goin thru Numbers at 2500cfs.

Trigger if your in it's weight it is a better surfer than the Mamba or Diesel and has a better edge. The same for the Lil Joe as it is the same boat just bigger.

The Fun's are great River/Play boats more play than the Mamba, Diesel,Trigger.

The Hero is in the Mamba family if you want a creeker buy a real creeker.

What ever boat you end up in it will teach you to paddle/roll it, The Crazy 88 won't kill you in the play park it will teach you to roll that is for sure but I wouldn't take it down the river but that is not what it is for.

If your lookin for a boat to paddle/surf your way down the Ark. and not much else in the play dept. I'd tell you to get the Trigger.

A couple of people that I know including a Dagger rep. Love their Juice but it's neither a play boat or river runner it just trys to do both.
Don't do anything, just stand there.
rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #19
what about pyranha boats? The I3 or I4 is a great river runner/play boat....edges well, relatively fast, catches eddies, surfs great.......I tried both the EZG and the I4 (not at a very good location) but I thought the I4 did better ferries, and was nice and smooth in the wave.... plus I think it is lighter than the EZG (ezg felt big and bulky to me for that kind of boat). And I think Pyranha's new Syncro Outfitting Rocks.....
Kayaker_SkierCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #20
Teacher, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I have the perfect boat for you!!

Dear wise girl Vail,
I have spent the last 8 and a half hours looking at every boat company’s web site to find the perfect boat for you!! And I can say is that "yes" I have done it.. I just hope I can get the "A" and be your "special friend"....please?

I took into consideration your ability level, aggressiveness, you wanting to "Grade us" that gets me all hot and bothered.. And I found the boat for you..

The ROIT DOMINATRIX is just that boat.. The way that you bossed around GaryE! God that got me HOTT!!! I can just see you loading up your new Porsche S.U.V with your kayak, pfd, paddle, whips, chins, latex suit.. Dam that is sexy!! You have got to be a Dominatrix!!

I mean to bust on GaryE like that.. dam that takes balls! For god sakes he has been running the shit since you where shittin in dippers...

I just hope that I get a nasty reply about this post, be sure to tell me how bad you are going to spank me and what I bad boy I have been!

Your servant

boof512 is offline   Reply With Quote