Old 11-28-2010   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Strutter too small and weird?

Hey buzzards,
Just got a Sweet Strutter M/L, and I seem to be pushing the limit of the size range. I can get it on, but it's pretty darn tight. Will she loosen up a bit with use, or should I get a L/XL? I don't want to paddle with a headache...

By the way, it's neon yellow, and my pfd is a golden yellow: yuck! What color drytop could look cool with that? (My boat is solid electric blue)

Sorry for being superficial...

mateojames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #2
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
I really shouldn't acknowledge this post given that it is asking how to color coordinate your kayaking outfit. What the fuck is the world coming to? Get the L/XL and stuff it full of foam (aka brain padding) until it fits snug. Put on some fuzzy pink booties and you should be the talk of the town.

KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #3
Denver, Colorado
Never mind. As you rightly point out, KSC, the latter half of my query is lame. I'm sorry to throw your view of humanity into question.
The crux of my issue was fit, and I asked because I seemed to remember someone saying that the padding packs out a bit, and I'd rather have snugness with no fit pads...
I'm still learning what buzzards will put up with, but I think I found a taboo topic.
Old 11-28-2010   #4
Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Hey,mateojames i have a strutter also and i would say go up a size. Because you want room for a skull cap to help with ice cream head when rolling and being a frist year boater your roll will take a little longer in your set up. And don't worry about KSC i to like to look good at what ever i do.But the brighter the color's the better your fellow boater's can see you in a swim or rescue.
LanceDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #5
Montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I've had a Strutter for a few seasons and haven't noticed it packing out at all. You'll be happier with the larger size and some foam to fill in the gaps. Also, the pads they provide didn't work well for me. I had better luck using thin closed-cell foam glued on to Velcro strips. Finally, I think you should sell your PFD to KSC, since that's the only color he doesn't have in his outfit.
Duckins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #6
Boatin', Colorado
Did he really use the term "yuck" to describe his outfit?
Peev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #7
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
If the shoe doesn't fit are you really going to walk around on it all day? No.. bad to see common sense isn't so much common..
what idiot sticker should I wear? The one that says idiot in red or blue.. yuck
Wtf! you blisskid and turkey girl should start your own culture so you quit dragging ours down...
I can't believe this is on the buzz.. should I smoke my grateful dead bong, or the zong
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #8
Denver, Colorado
Again, sorry for defiling the sacred cyberspace of mountainbuzz. Interesting to see the varied reactions to an admittedly frivolous question.
Thanks to the Strutter users for the tips. I'm going to get the L/XL, in neon yellow again, and then relax to contemplate deeper topics like caspermike.
I promise to whip myself three times with a wet prusik, and only post serious questions in the future.
Old 11-29-2010   #9
Farmington, Utah
Paddling Since: 2009
I think that if you can you should step up a size. Not all sweet helmet models fit the same. I wear a M/L Fire Blue Sweet Wanderer, and a L/XL Gloss White Sweet Rocker Full Face. Don't worry about these guys. I think if you can have matching colors great, if you don't care so what. Most of my stuff is blue. I have a white sweet helmet, but white goes with most colors. I also have an orange Jackson Super Star, but it does not clash with my Bird Blue Sweet Dry Top, and my Fire Blue Wanderer. I say either trade the strutter for a Wanderer of the same size or a Strutter for a larger size, and maybe a different color. Blue is an easy color to match to, and with your blue boat you be half way there. Now I am going to get torn apart for talking about colors on the BUZZ

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote