Old 08-02-2010   #51
sh$t show voyeuor/host
Barnard(Marshall), North Carolina
Paddling Since: wen?
Originally Posted by kazak4x4 View Post
What I found interesting about this thread is the lack of bashing of the other side. Sure we love the boats we personally row, but we also respect the other manufacturers enough not to bash them.

thats because nobody has chimed in to say that he should but a saturn or vangaurd and pocket the difference

matt cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #52
sh$t show voyeuor/host
Barnard(Marshall), North Carolina
Paddling Since: wen?
oh yeah, and I take back what I said about Avon their website was pretty good. I don't know why I was never able to find it before

matt cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #53
medford, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2001
Any of the boats mentioned will last a private boater alot of years. I just bought what the people I boat with bought, useing their experience and knowledge. I am very satisfied with my choice.
Dave P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #54
Rainy Northwest, Washington
Paddling Since: 1980
Find a good deal on a boat, and go run it. Any top-end boat will be durable, and the differences in performance aren't worth caring about. You'll find people pitching for and bitching about any boat out there.
swiftwater15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010   #55
The Russian
SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
Just got a call from Maravia about my boat being repaired up there. They looked it over and weren't happy with the quality of the boat they built for me, so they are building me a new boat to replace the whole thing! If that doesn't speak for their quality and customer satisfaction, I don't know what is... I am totally sold on Maravia now!
kazak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #56
Eureka, California
Paddling Since: 1978
I have a 26 yr old Sotar that is always folded/rolled up. Never a problem from that. Never had to put a patch on either. Very tough. So what if it weights a little more. We don't carry less gear because we are worried about the weight.
Denray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #57
Engineer Civil Structural Hydraulic, Evans CO
Paddling Since: 68
Originally Posted by eadunn View Post
Hi -

I am a kayaker and sometimes rafter looking to purchase a raft for overnight (often 4-5 night) trips and also for a local float fishing on the Rio. We (there are generally two of us going on trips) are looking at the 15' Sotars and Maravias, but I haven't seen much about them in this forum. I have been on trips with several Sotars and so far love them, but want to make sure I have all the facts. Weight and how to get it to the river not a problem. We like to do the Ark, Colorado (both in Colo and Utah), San Juan, Snake, Salmon, Salt, etc. Also, we have some experience rowing on all these rivers and consider myself to have moderate rowing experience overall. Any input is much appreciated! Thanks.
Now is the time to buy when the waits are short and the prices excellent. If I can help you on a SoTAR please advise.

Gary Strome
Friends Don't Let Friends Drive PVC Boats
garystrome is offline   Reply With Quote