Old 07-25-2015   #1
bum, Ohio
Paddling Since: 2006
SOT Dagger Roam 9.5 vs SOT Pyranha Fusion Kayak

I was just curious if anyone has paddled either of these two recreation SOT up to class 3 boats and what they thought. I heard the Fusion paddled nice for river and whitewater and Roam had better cockpit for seating. Roam looks more recreational kayak and fusion from pics looks to have more rocker bow and stern area and probably little more nimble on river. Leg room looks cramped on Fusion. Any thoughts???

Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015   #2
Duluth, Minnesota
Paddling Since: 2007
The roam plastic doesn't seem to be the same as their other whitewater boats. The outfitting seems to be a bit flimsy too. We run four of them at our company and haven't had trouble yet but I don't have high hopes for their longevity. Definitely more of a recreational build.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Mountain Buzz mobile app

BrianP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015   #3
Sacramento, California
Paddling Since: 2012
Just looking at the advertisements and haul shape, the SOT Pyranha Fusion looks like a real whitewater kayak. The Dagger Roam does not look like it is meant for whitewater. After further pictures, it may not be that great for WW, but certainly better than the dagger Roam.
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015   #4
Roseburg, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2015
What about the dagger torrent 10.0 it was made with white water in mind.
Poedunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015   #5
bum, Ohio
Paddling Since: 2006
I haven't thought about torrent?

I would take fluid do it now if I could get one. Looking at hull shape pictures pyranha sot fusion looks 2nd best, followed by torrent, roam then coupe. I have not paddled most of these and currently have coupe but would like to try something else and add another boat. I will probably sell off my villain due to injuries. If I had my choice I think I may try fusion sot and try to find a fluid do it now size large but that may be hard. Recently started thinking about whitewater canoe but not sure how that would be with injuries better or worse.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote